RCA analog-digital TV converter box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCA analog-digital TV converter box

Less than two years old, two 470uF, 25V, one 470uF, 10V (bulging despite no slits on top), and one 1000uF, 10V caps failed.

Re: RCA analog-digital TV converter box

what brand are the caps???

and maybe its me, but the top of the one on the bottom left corner of the pic looks kinda funny on the top too.. usually you see distinctive lines for pressure release, that one almost looks like someone tapped the top with a flat head screwdriver.

Comment

Those two brown ones in the bottom left corner are Su'scon (neither is swollen, but the pressure relief marks are shallow and seem cut rather than stamped), most of the black caps, including the swollen ones on the left have this logo on them:

Some other black ones, including the swollen one on the right, is labelled "Jwco"

The dark greens are KSC

Comment

never heard of any of those brands.. but then again, i am also kinda new to the whole cap thing too and mainly work on things like video cards and motherboards so far.

Comment

i'm surprised there are so many in it,
          most boxes i see only have a few where the psu connects other than the small ones around the video/oudio outputs.

Comment

This unit has a lot of DC-DC converters on the main logic board, which can add confusion to which capacitors to replace (not just the bad ones).
            My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

What's that RJ12 phone connector for?
              Elements of the past and the future combining to make something not quite as good as either.

Comment

Originally posted by Krankshaft View Post
                What's that RJ12 phone connector for?
                I think that is for a Smart Antenna input.

Comment

Working...
                X