BenQ G2420HDB 2STB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BenQ G2420HDB 2STB

I appreciate having this available. I have a BenQ G2420HDB 24 inch monitor and I was getting the two seconds and then black.

I opened it up and took a lot at the capacitors and they looked fine. I had out my multimeter testing what I could. It all looked fine, so I didn't want to take it any further. Honestly, I don't want to spend the time to go through the CFLs.

Anyway, I put it back together and gave it one last test. Except this time it was good for two seconds and then it greatly dimmed. The screen is still there and I can see my desktop, it's just very dark.

Maybe with what is happening now I can at least pin point what is going wrong? Does anyone know?
    Last edited by ratdude747; 05-18-2012, 10:59 AM.

Re: BenQ G2420HDB 2STB

Moved from the 2 seconds to black thread.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Honestly, I don't want to spend the time to go through the CFLs..

You have read the 2 sec to black so you know what is involved either you want to try fix it or you cant spare the time- which is it.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

It isn't one or the other. If my car wasn't working, I wouldn't rebuild my engine because I simply don't have the time, but I do have the time to switch out spark plugs, redo wiring, etc.

The point I was making is that when I put the monitor back together it BEHAVED differently than when I took it apart. Instead of going black, it went to a dark dim. So my question wasn't about fixing it, but whether this shed light on a particular problem area. If the dimming (instead of black) means that it's probably the CFLs, I'll simply leave the monitor by the trash. If it signals a loose capacitor or transistor connection, I'd probably open it up.

I hope this illustrates my intentions with the question I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by wm009 View Post
          IIf the dimming (instead of black) means that it's probably the CFLs, I'll simply leave the monitor by the trash.
          If you are going to trash it, PM me. I'll have a friend who lives in Calgary pick it up.

If it signals a loose capacitor or transistor connection, I'd probably open it up.
          Now having said that, 2 seconds to black can be

a) bad caps
          b) bad ccfls
          c) bad ccfl wiring (especially the return wiring)
          d) bad secondary windings on the inverter transformer

More details starting with post #19 at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

Also, see budm's Inverter tester using old CFL

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19987
          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
          X