Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hp pavilion g6 da0r33mb6f1 rev:f starting randomly

Hello people,
    i have issue with my laptop, which i can`t repair alone. Problem is : laptop will not start, led light on the dc port is on when is connected to the adapter , after pressing the start button nothing goes on, no fan spinning , no lights coming on (except power port , which is always on). Sometimes (randomly) laptop will start just like that. After that i can use it as much as i want, i can switch it off and on , no problems. if i leave it for awhile off , then same issue, wont start again. I have it already dissembled , so at the moment i`m testing motherboard + lcd + power button + ram. From what i can check with the multimeter so far i can get 19.4v after the power port (picture 1), then at the start button i can get on the first 2 pins 3.33 but nothing on the rest of them. I`m not really sure if i do the measure as it should be done, so if you have patience to explain me how and from where i should start checking components on the motherboard i will appreciate any help, thank you in advance
    Attached Files

Re: hp pavilion g6 da0r33mb6f1 rev:f starting randomly

look at the board for any corrosion of legs of any IC..........

Comment

only thing i could find that i don`t like it is this picture, its HDMI port
      Attached Files

Comment

clean it properly....it is just dirt but can be the source of your problem..

Comment

cleaning didn't help, any other suggests ?

Comment

wich chip northbridge and southbridge it has ? many notebook have intel nb chip failure or amd southbridge problem.

Comment

I don't think this is southbridge or PCH problem, more likely to have something to do with EC/KBC, but most likely some liquid damage, could be resistors or an intermittent solder connection. Got a schematic for the board?
              Originally posted by PeteS in CA
              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
              A working TV? How boring!

Comment

thank you for your help. yes i do have the schematic but i dont know how to read it or what to look for. What i have found so far is that under the keyboard and little on the CD/DVD have a sticky black dirtiness , could be a coffe or cola. Interested is i cannot find anything burn on the motherboard(except the picture ive attached near the HDMI), i got microscope so i`ve check it well.

Comment

reflash bios,it is eeprom memory and they dont like abuse(liquid) on its legs when reading and writing.also meassure pgood signals on KBC.but if you cannot read schematic and everything looks ok under microscope,throw it to the trash or find someone who repair it for you.

Comment

1. replace internal battery
                    2. check for cold "solds" in every 3v mosfets

Comment

I've also got a Quanta R33 which sometimes acts up. Can't reproduce the problem right now, but not long ago it wouldn't boot on some occasions, staying on a black screen (with backlight), or freezing on the "Entering BIOS" (or something like that) message when trying to enter BIOS setup.
                      I noticed that the battery could cause issues. Mine is dead and sometimes the laptop will shutdown right after power up when the battery is inserted.

My issue is a bit different but I was wondering if it could be that big electrolytic cap right after the DCIN connector?

PS: I already tried to flash the BIOS. I didn't try to replace the BIOS IC though.
                      Last edited by piernov; 09-29-2017, 12:39 PM.
                      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by xfce View Post
                        Hello people,
                        i have issue with my laptop, which i can`t repair alone. Problem is : laptop will not start, led light on the dc port is on when is connected to the adapter , after pressing the start button nothing goes on, no fan spinning , no lights coming on (except power port , which is always on). Sometimes (randomly) laptop will start just like that. After that i can use it as much as i want, i can switch it off and on , no problems. if i leave it for awhile off , then same issue, wont start again. I have it already dissembled , so at the moment i`m testing motherboard + lcd + power button + ram. From what i can check with the multimeter so far i can get 19.4v after the power port (picture 1), then at the start button i can get on the first 2 pins 3.33 but nothing on the rest of them. I`m not really sure if i do the measure as it should be done, so if you have patience to explain me how and from where i should start checking components on the motherboard i will appreciate any help, thank you in advance
                        Mine had the same symptoms ...after some hours spent on it testing everything (and after spending 150€ on a new MB..) I tried to disable the option to suspend the pc with the cover down..EUREKA! the hall effect sensor (aka lid sensor) was the culprit . I then desoldered the in and output , its working like a charm

Comment

Working...
                        X