No announcement yet.

Gateway LP2407 - No video image, replaced all power supply caps except the 450v

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateway LP2407 - No video image, replaced all power supply caps except the 450v

I've had issues over the years where this monitor wouldn't display an image consistently, I opened it up last year and found some bulging electrolytic caps on the power supply board, so I replaced the bulging ones and the monitor worked well for about 8 months.

A couple days ago I hooked up my laptop and the monitor failed to display any image at all no matter how many times I tried power cycling the monitor, leaving it off, different devices, video inputs, etc. I didn't even get a "NO SIGNAL" or any of the menus displayed. The blue light buttons on the side light up and my computer detects that it's connected to a monitor but the monitor doesn't display anything, it's just black - no back light, nothing. I have now replaced all of the capacitors on the power supply board even if they weren't bulging, except for the massive 450v cap but I am getting the same issue. Is it worth trying to replace the 450v cap or does it seem like something may be wrong with the video board?

I've attached pictures of the power supply and video board, not images of my boards themselves but they are for the same model monitor, Gateway LP2407.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by emericono; 08-18-2017, 05:30 AM.

Re: Gateway LP2407 - No video image, replaced all power supply caps except the 450v

Well certainly with that big-ass resistor besides it it's going to run hot.
    If you have the skill try desoldering it without causing it much stress.
    Then check how the legs feel, on some bulk caps they are just corroded off inside the cap...

Of course if you have a capacitance and ESR meter check it at this point too...
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
    X