Tangent Amp - problem with display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tangent Amp - problem with display

Hi. I have AMP-50 which work perfect put there is no light on display. There is three regulators for voltage 7805, 7808,7908. On 7805 i have 7.1, on 7808 i have 11.71v, on 7908 i have -12.04v . I see on the display everything but not light. Any suggestion?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by coojoe_213; 08-15-2017, 12:54 PM.

Re: Tangent Amp - problem with display

Those voltages are weird. Please verify you are measuring from the incorrect ground point and that your multimeter has a fresh battery.

Also, please upload some photos of the amplifier, especially the circuitry around the display section!
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

I found this link http://www.ziva-vatra.com/index.php?...d=SGFyZHdhcmU=
      It looks like it is an lcd with the light source from the side, I suspect its one of those sheets that light up behind the display
      Last edited by R_J; 08-15-2017, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Yes, i know this link, but the person who mod his amp, doesn't have my problem. I have another question. If bulb on display is blow, can i change or no?
        Attached Files

Comment

i think those meter readings are the inputs - not the outputs.

Comment

pull the display assembly out and show foto's

i know the pdf says "VFD", but it's clearly not - it's a self-contained display module with it's own driver circuits in it.
            infact looking at the schematic i wouldnt be surprised if it's an LCD with a Hitachi parallel interface.

Comment

This is my display. I thing this is perfect to replace. But i don't know where is the problem..., on backlight or some circuit https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1602...2-515552f21762
              Attached Files
              Last edited by coojoe_213; 08-16-2017, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Did you check to see if there is any voltage to the backlight terminals in the display, thats the 2 leads going to the white piece. I don't know what the source of light is, I suspect it is one or two white led

I know the link I posted had a different problem, I posted the link because it had pictures of the display and showed the white backlight on the side.
                Last edited by R_J; 08-16-2017, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X