Draytek Vigor 2960n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Draytek Vigor 2960n

You said it's a 2960, it's telling you it's booting 2760 firmware.... wrong firmware?

Comment

Re: Draytek Vigor 2760n

No, it is 2760n. I wrote wrong from beginning. My mistake.

Comment

bad flash chip.
        its failing to boot because of it and going to recovery mode.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
          bad flash chip.
          its failing to boot because of it and going to recovery mode.
          I didn't upgrade its firmware. The router is behaving as I said, it reboots continuously. What would you suggest to solve this?
          Thank you

Comment

Have you tried booting it via TFTP? You need to put it on a network with a TFTP server on 192.168.1.1, serving up the firmware.
            Last edited by jondoe; 02-01-2017, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Re: Draytek Vigor 2760n

Originally posted by tehmatix View Post
              I already check capacitors on the board. All components it seems to work normal , no overheating. Which tools I need to make firmware upgrade ?
              How did you check the capacitors on the board - what test equipment did you use? Did you test the capacitors out of circuit?

Used to have a coupe of Draytek's - overheating? All mine seemed to be hot enough to broil a steak - I am almost suspicious that your Draytek is running cool! But of course it could be running cool because it wont complete booting so no CPU load to generate heat OR a component (capacitor?) has failed and stopped operation of a portion of the router - or the CPU is not supplying enough voltage so the under-volted router is running cool?

How old is your router?

Comment

Could be 4 or so years old. Drayteks have, for as long as I've seen them in the wild, suffered from power supply problems. If the power supply is suspect it could easily cause a corrupt firmware, but you should be able to recover it.

Comment

I solve this problem. The WAN IC is broken with shortcircuit over Vcc+.Now the router is working without WAN ports.Prehaps it was lighting over the ethernet cables. Thank you all for support and ideas.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                    X