LG 50PG3000-ZA help needed please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50PG3000-ZA help needed please.

Have you had a chance to look at my pics? What do you think?

Comment

Your mainboard eeprom or something the thereabouts has gone corrupt. Replace mainboard if you cannot update firmware.
      Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

On the service menu I see white pattern ebabled to white. That explains the inverse colors. Can you operate the tv via buttons on the panel?
        Did I leave the soldering iron on?

Comment

No I cannot operate the tv at all with the exception of using the tv/remote push and hold method to get to the menus shown in my previous post.

Comment

Is there a way to update/refresh the eeprom? I tried making a serial cable but I cannot get to any menus to initiate com link...

Comment

Bump... ???

Comment

If I get a new ctrl board should I use the eax or ebr part number?

Comment

eax as tom says
                  Last edited by vinceroger69; 01-27-2014, 03:12 PM. Reason: yes i said ebr first then looked at one of my boards to check

Comment

EBR: Bare PCB
                    EAX: Full Assembly
                    (I think...)
                    I would use EAX over EBR, but as long as part is from same model, you should have no issues.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

tom66.... Did you mean this board?
                      Attached Files

Comment

That's the main board. Control board is next to it, connected by a cable.
                        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

So the pics in post #57 were the correct ones?

Comment

That is control board.
                            The LED indicators are an indication of plasma panel temperature in binary. The control board adjusts the drive waveforms as the panel heats and cools, as the gas inside the panel is highly temperature sensitive.

Comment

Do you think a firmware push will work? Do you know where I can get it if so?

Comment

I have the same problem with my 50pg3000
                                I have removed the top buffer, which has made the bottom half of the screen come back on but it is crazy coloured lines all over the place . The tv has sound. Fuses are good and the ysus and bottom buffee heat sinks get warm when on. Will a top buffer fix this??

Comment

Hello newbie here

Comment

Hi there.

sorry to dig up an older post but it fits my fault perfectly and it seemed logical to use this thread. (plus i'm a newbie and not too sure about things).

My LG 50PG3000 ZA tv has suddenly died. I have sound but no picture

I have exactly the same detection results as the OP to this thread;

1. I have taken off the back cover and located all the boards
                                    2. Power up shows green power light on both front panel and rear control board.
                                    3. Fuse ok on PCB and heat syncs are all warm after 30 mins.
                                    4. Fuse ok on ZSUS and heat syncs are all warm after 30 mins.
                                    5. Fuse ok on YSUS but heat syncs are cold after 30 mins.
                                    6. The fuses I have checked are the obvious ones that look like glass fuses.
                                    7. No bulging caps etc (well that I can see anyway)
                                    8. The outputs of the Va & Vs are as follows... Va: 58.3v Vs:184.8v (only slight variation to these values)

I have tried all of the recommended procedures listed through the thread but no change to the screen output.

I have a green led lit on the controller board and sound is working fine

can anyone advise what else i can try. Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                                    X