Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how is this Motherboard quality GA-H110M-H ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how is this Motherboard quality GA-H110M-H ?

Hello ,

Is this motherboard durable for long term usage with moderate to heavy use
    for Programming with G4560 CPU and NO gpu ?

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...0M-H-rev-10#ov

The green gold Caps in the above images have similar K like Vent like Sanyo/Suncon ( not sure if Teapo or any other brand also has that type) .. and the tiny black electrolytic are probably Samxon that is there in this other gigabyte H110 board in the image on this page

https://us.hardware.info/reviews/662...cs-and-storage

would this board hold up good for 5-6 years years with those caps ?

on a tight budget , the other option in this budget with All solid caps does not have HDMI port so will have to settle with VGA port only ..

what would be better , to loose HDMI and use VGA instead for programming,reading with full-solid caps board or to pick this board ?

Thanksssss a lot ..
    Last edited by jarvis7; 08-13-2017, 04:27 AM.

Re: how is this Motherboard quality GA-H110M-H ?

If you are that strapped for cash I'd look at an AMD build instead.
    Ryzen might be out of budget but an AM4 board will allow you an upgrade path in the future.
    For example something like this: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-A320M-K/
    Paired with a A-Series CPU, that should allow you to get a quad core for a lower price than the Intel build.
    With all solid polymer caps.
    But don't forget about the PSU, mainboards have been using good (enough) caps for many years now.
    PSU's are a different matter, since they are in a closed case the manufacturers can get away with it easier.
    Since if you open it to check for bulged caps you void the warranty anyway...
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
      If you are that strapped for cash I'd look at an AMD build instead.
      Ryzen might be out of budget but an AM4 board will allow you an upgrade path in the future.
      For example something like this: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-A320M-K/
      Paired with a A-Series CPU, that should allow you to get a quad core for a lower price than the Intel build.
      With all solid polymer caps.
      But don't forget about the PSU, mainboards have been using good (enough) caps for many years now.
      PSU's are a different matter, since they are in a closed case the manufacturers can get away with it easier.
      Since if you open it to check for bulged caps you void the warranty anyway...
      Thanks a lot sir for replying .. Android studio official emulator doesn't support AMD-Virtualisation for windows .. also the upcoming A8-9600 which is similarly priced to G4560 is only roughly on par in mutithreading and is much slower in single threading . i have edited my post to mention G4560 specifically now..

Asus and Gigabyte both have nice cheap h110 All-solid polymer caps board but they have VGA only like Asus H110M-CS and Gigabyte H110-Ds2 ... and the HDMI version with all solid caps costs 15 $ more... and i wanted to put these 15 $ more into a better PSU and avoid all those cheap Capxon units like VP450P , VS450 .. MSI has 1 but they have bad after sales service here and are considered less reliable

so i was wondering , if VGA quality would be good enough for programming and reading purpose with average quality cable for a 20inch 900P monitor then i can pick the cheaper all solid cap board and if the above gigabyte board with mix of solid polymer caps - Sanyo/suncon and Samxon caps is good enough for 5-6 years then i can pick this one if VGA is going to be significantly lower quality/sharp and bad for eyes for long hours

thanks a lot
      Last edited by jarvis7; 08-13-2017, 06:17 AM.

Comment

vga can give more resolutions and frequency's than HDMI, quality is down to your choice of cables.

Comment

I'd definitely go for the board you have found with HDMI then.
          HDMI is digital, VGA is analog and considering your price point you are going to get poor performance from such a setup with cheap cables.
          As HDMI is digital the cable quality does not matter at all.
          Plus VGA is being phased out so it will be more and more difficult to find monitors that have VGA input at all.

But as said before the issue with bad caps is much more common in PSU's nowdays.
          But you seem to be ontop of it so

P.S: In the olden days you could really see a difference if you had a Matrox card, it's RAMDAC was much better and so was the analog circuitry for the VGA port.
          And what stj says is only true with really high-end cards, because you need a very high-speed RAMDAC to attain high resolution on VGA.
          I'd say that it's complete bullshit actually because the HDMI 1.4 standard easily handles 4K resolution, something which would require a RAMDAC out of this world.
          Last edited by Per Hansson; 08-13-2017, 08:30 AM.
          "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Thanks a lot sir .. ,

just came to know that there are 2 versions, 1 with sanyo/suncom and the other one with UCC Kzg series .. with a bit of searching came to know that these are highly unreliable , they fail easily without even being used much

there are 2 of them , 1 besides PCI x16 slot and the other besides chipset , (won't be using PCI slot) .. both of them have 1 solid cap adjacent to it .. would it still be advisable to go for kzg version for the HDMI board ? does the Chipset caps gets too hot/used much ? ..

thanks
            Last edited by jarvis7; 08-17-2017, 07:13 AM.

Comment

if it's only a couple of poor caps, go for the cheapest - change the caps later.

Comment

The way i see it , This will be a medium range system with an Intel Cpu G4560 , 3 mb cache (I call it the modern I7 Celeron , for cheap price near 80 $ ) . But in any case , if your programming software aren't that heavy , it will be okay . Otherwise , you can later upgrade the Cpu to the Kaby lake I7-7700 , 8 mb cache (350 to 400$ right now ) , also compatible with this LGA-1151 Socket .

About acceleration , the latest Intel Graphics onboard still way away from Nvidia Vga' s performance , so you might notice some lagging under pressure and You better opt for an Nvidia equipped with HDMI interface .

Comment

sorry for the delayed response..

thanks a lot Per Hanssonn , stj and jiroy for your valuable time and advice...

thanks once again
                  Last edited by jarvis7; 08-22-2017, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X