Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bush Bpdp42hd2 (Samsung S42AX-YB09) screen going off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bush Bpdp42hd2 (Samsung S42AX-YB09) screen going off.

Hi guys,

Said I'd have a look at this for my old man, the tv turns on and then after a few seconds goes off with what seems like clicking from the PSU board relays. I've measured the Va, Vsc and Vs which all seem ok UNTIL the screen shuts off and the relay clicks then they quickly decay to zero. Assuming I have a short somewhere but my plasma knowledge is nil.. I don't even know which boards are what. I tried pulling boards to see if I could eliminate the board but the PSU won't output any voltages without the boards attached (assume that's normal?).

Read over the odd post about these sets on here and I've heard they're a bit of a ball ache. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Bush Bpdp42hd2 (Samsung S42AX-YB09) screen going off.

Photo of the back. Thanks
    Attached Files

Comment

Based on Samsung 42C450 this chassis suffers from X-SUS shorts and this can cause the Y-SUS to fail too. The IGBT's go short.

They, (Makers) recommend changing all three if the X or Y is faulty (Inc Control-Board) during repairs.

Worth pulling out buffers and with everything else still connected try see if it runs as indicated by LED on control-board short flashing and Vs voltage remaining at 200 odd...
      TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
      http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
      PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Thanks for the reply Alastair. Any chance you can tell me which boards are what in the back? Thank you.

Comment

Standing behind the TV ysus is to the left and joined to that is the y buffer board
          To the right top is the xsus board and finally the control board is in the middle of the tv

Comment

Look on YouTube for how to test buffers

Comment

Hi
              To test Y buffer put meter in ohm setting and put probes across
              the two large caps if the reading is low IE about 70 ohm's,
              or is out of mega ohms then the buffer is shorted,

If the relays click more than once them the two RJH30E2
              on the X sus will be short also, that is the two on the
              outside of each end on the bank of FET,s

Alan.

Comment

Originally posted by Alastair E View Post

Worth pulling out buffers and with everything else still connected try see if it runs as indicated by LED on control-board short flashing and Vs voltage remaining at 200 odd...
                If you do that on this set, then if the Fets
                on the X sus are not short they will be
                after the action.

Alan

Comment

Fantastic!! Cheers guys. Will be tomorrow now but I will post updates. Thank you

Comment

Had a quick look tonight at the y-buffer board. Test between both caps was about 5 ohms. I tested along all the pins for the IC's and found one pin on one of the middle IC's was shorted to ground. I'll check over the other components on the X and Y main boards as well. Anything specific to look out for? Thank you.

Comment

Just what I said in p7

Alan
                      Last edited by crt man; 05-04-2016, 06:55 AM.

Comment

If you use the search and put in "Bush Bpdp42hd2" there are several threads which may help you.
                        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by crt man View Post
                          If you do that on this set, then if the Fets
                          on the X sus are not short they will be
                          after the action.

Alan
                          Err--

Just pulling Buffers and running this chassis with everything else still connected--Will NOT kill the X-SUS IGBT's! Ive seen many of these, even owned one for a while...

--Dunno where you got That from.
                          TELEFIX

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

Ali he gets it from some newer panny sets removing the Ybuffer can kill the Ymain and possibly the Xmain too I have read up.
                            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

OK--Right--

But we are looking at ancient Sammy tech here....
                              TELEFIX

Comment

Thanks guys. So the x-sus IGBT's need checking and a new y-buffer board?

Comment

Err--

Just pulling Buffers and running this chassis with everything else still connected--Will NOT kill the X-SUS IGBT's! Ive seen many of these, even owned one for a while...

--Dunno where you got That from.
                                  I done it as an experiment with a set I have, and that is what happened.
                                  Done seven of them.

Alan.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ight=bpdp42hd2
                                  Last edited by crt man; 05-05-2016, 06:30 AM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Hmm--Ive done 30 or 40 of the bloody things over the years...
                                    TELEFIX

Comment

Hmm--Ive done 30 or 40 of the bloody things over the years...
                                      But you are a professional are you not.

I just do this as an interest, it was the first plasma
                                      I had done, and done seven in about a six month period,
                                      the only other flat screen was an led with poorly
                                      seated ribbons.

I found some strange things with this plasma,
                                      that did not check out with threads on other
                                      sets.
                                      As I said I done it as an experiment and I
                                      was not talking out of the top of my head

Crt's is my thing.

Alan.

Comment

Aye--Flatties is my profession--CRT's a hobby Started out in the era of the G8 and Pye Hybrid!

CVC2 with replacement CRT and TV62 with dodgy CRT heater, and TV125 in collection--Still hoping one day to find a G6 (G22K511/2) ....
                                        TELEFIX

Comment

Working...
                                        X