AOpen F2703-12S Stuck pixels after cap change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOpen F2703-12S Stuck pixels after cap change

Hello everyone. I am attempting to fix a dead LCD monitor and have ran into a problem. The LCD was dead and would not power on. I checked the power board and found 8 of the 9 capacitors bulging. I replaced all caps on the board with a different brand of cap but same ratings. Seems to have fixed the LCD as it does power on and work now, but there are many stuck pixels that show up in all four corners of the screen now. About 1/4 of an inch in all four corners shows many stuck pixels. If you turn the monitor off for a few seconds and then back on, they go away, but then quickly start reappearing. I am checking the monitor on the vga output of my laptop.

I am a noob at this so I am not sure if I just did something wrong or what. Any help would be much apreciated.

AOpen F2703-12S LCD

Re: AOpen F2703-12S Stuck pixels after cap change

Did you see the monitor working before you fixed it?
    Were you careful not to damage the panel while removing the case or working on it.
    I would remove clean and replace the lead from the main board to the panel.
    Unlikely to affect some pixels but what make caps did you use?
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
      Did you see the monitor working before you fixed it?
      Were you careful not to damage the panel while removing the case or working on it.
      I would remove clean and replace the lead from the main board to the panel.
      Unlikely to affect some pixels but what make caps did you use?
      No I didn't see it before hand. It was a family members and they didn't mention any problems with it before. I will ask today and make sure though. I will try what you suggest. I had to mix brands of capacitors based on what I could find. I order them from Mouser. Here is what I used:

1x Chemi-Con 68uf 400v
      1x Kemet 10uf 50v
      2x Kemet 220uf 25v
      2x Panasonic 470uf 25v
      3x Panasonic 330uf 25v

All were bulging except for the 68uf 400v but I replaced it anyway. The board had Teapo caps on it to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by Amphion View Post
        Hello everyone. I am attempting to fix a dead LCD monitor and have ran into a problem. The LCD was dead and would not power on. I checked the power board and found 8 of the 9 capacitors bulging. I replaced all caps on the board with a different brand of cap but same ratings. Seems to have fixed the LCD as it does power on and work now, but there are many stuck pixels that show up in all four corners of the screen now. About 1/4 of an inch in all four corners shows many stuck pixels. If you turn the monitor off for a few seconds and then back on, they go away, but then quickly start reappearing. I am checking the monitor on the vga output of my laptop.

I am a noob at this so I am not sure if I just did something wrong or what. Any help would be much apreciated.

AOpen F2703-12S LCD
        Is it just me, or are LCD screens killing caps like those "toasterbox" PCs.

Because the half-morons over in China won't install a fan on most LCD screens.

Is it that freaking hard to install a fan?????
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Working...
        X