hp w1907

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hp w1907

hp w1907 would not power on,replaced the 16v 470uf cap because it was leaking,but the one i ordered was smaller in size.Will the smaller one work for me?

Re: hp w1907

Sometimes other brands might be thinner but taller. As long as you have the correct capacitance and voltage then you should be ok.

What make did you order?
    Fixed so far : 1 Home cinema system, 16 LCD Monitors, 4 LCD TV's

How to resize your pictures guide click HERE
    Retiredcaps Ideal post example click HERE

Comment

rubycon the one that was pulled out was a su'scon

Comment

What series of Rubycon?

As with any manufacturer, they produce various series, some more general purpose and not really recommended for power supplies...

Comment

ok i installed the rubycon and it powered up but picture is destorted with no black

Comment

You might have other capacitors going bad but not yet swollen or visibly bad. Also, the cable that connects the video board to the LCD might be improperly attached.

Check it, and post pictures with the boards as clear as possible if you can.

Comment

cap i relpaced
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by larryjones View Post
                cap i relpaced
                What series of Rubycon capacitor did you use? For example, you get Rubycon ZL(H/G/J) and YXF/G which are good for an LCD monitor. But you also get Rubycon YK, for example, which is -not- suitable.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

my bad the new one was a Nichicon HN 16v 470uF and just replaced the one beside the first one and the picture is getting better, now to replace the third one as shown in the picture

Comment

powers good, works great, one issue,when a black screen is shown,it more red than black.any clues anyone

Comment

Check again the cable from video board to panel and also whatever cable to connect to the pc - check for bent broken pins - try a different cable
                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

thank you ill try that

Comment

Hi Larry,
                          How did your repair of the HP 1907W monitor turn out? Last you reported you had backlight but color issues.

Comment

One of the most infuriating things on the Forum,is for people to devote their time and expertise on trying to help, and then the OP goes AWOL(Absent Without Leave) so to speak,and so Posts like this don't have any closure,and nobody knows what happened next.The greatest thing on the Forum,is for people to get help,successfully repair their Monitors,and say 'ITS WORKING AGAIN'.
                            The HP 1907 does have Backlight problems,usually associated with the top set of lamps,due to poor soldering and not good quality wire used on the return wires.Sometimes a failing Lamp can give a Pink screen and needs replacing,BUT if the Black Screen is more Crimson than Pink,then the only time I have seen this,was caused by faulty capacitors on the Logic Board.
                            Suggest you outline the fault symptoms you have,What happens with the Power Lamp ??is there an Image on the Screen etc etc, and I am sure you will get help.

Comment

Working...
                            X