Dell U2312HM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell U2312HM

So I actually paid for this monitor cause I was hoping it'd work, but then the person that sent it lied about the condition and ebay says too bad so sad... So now I'm stuck with it or resell it.

Originally it didn't turn on at all, replaced all the caps on the power supply, and now it turns on but you see vertical lines across it and after a little bit the lines go away and is a solid color. So then I start pressing buttons and nothing pops up. Once in a great while, the lower have pops through and can see the menu.

No clue.
    Attached Files

Re: Dell U2312HM

Originally posted by Ritalin View Post
    So I actually paid for this monitor cause I was hoping it'd work, but then the person that sent it lied about the condition and ebay says too bad so sad... So now I'm stuck with it or resell it.
    Hmm, I haven't heard too many stories about ebay siding with the seller.

Care to share the auction link?
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

The listing was from last year. And since they sold it 'as/is' it was my responsibility to ask questions. But the screen had some scuff marks on it that I couldn't see from the picture even though it wasn't listed as that it had scuff markings.

Comment

Originally posted by Ritalin View Post
        And since they sold it 'as/is' it was my responsibility to ask questions.
        Auctions that are "as is" is the seller's "out". I rarely bid on those unless the price is very very low.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Try heating parts of the boards with hairdryer, see if the monitor comes to life. Or try tapping the circuit boards. Sounds like a a bad connection somewhere.
          Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
            Auctions that are "as is" is the seller's "out". I rarely bid on those unless the price is very very low.
            Yes, I've been lucky on most of my Ebay "as-is for parts or not working" purchases. Best one was the Tektronix function generator. 2 resistors and 2 transistors. I considered that one pretty risky, as test gear like that would presumably be owned by someone who'd know how to fix it.

I can't see myself paying for a dead monitor, unless it was something really nice, but then I have a good supply of free ones.

I bid pretty low on this stuff. I get out-bid a lot, by a significant amount on a few things I've been trying to get, but I'm not willing to pay that much for broken stuff.
            36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

As Ben 7 says - may be loose connection - try removing cleaning and reseating the LVDS ribbon - - both ends.

There are two voltage regulators on the main board can
              you check them as per retiredcaps link. One is U602 cant make out the other.
              Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Is it the same using vga or dvi
                Last edited by selldoor; 01-17-2013, 08:54 AM.
                Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Originally posted by smason View Post
                  Yes, I've been lucky on most of my Ebay "as-is for parts or not working" purchases. Best one was the Tektronix function generator. 2 resistors and 2 transistors. I considered that one pretty risky, as test gear like that would presumably be owned by someone who'd know how to fix it.

I can't see myself paying for a dead monitor, unless it was something really nice, but then I have a good supply of free ones.

I bid pretty low on this stuff. I get out-bid a lot, by a significant amount on a few things I've been trying to get, but I'm not willing to pay that much for broken stuff.
                  I'm still rocking a one of my 19" refurbs as I sell the 'good' stuff to keep building up a fund for a new IPS monitor. And this one came along for $60/shipped and I figured, if I can fix an IPS monitor, I can use it for something else.

Comment

i work to much the same rule

so who is it that pays lots for faulty stuff ???

Comment

Even the cost of 'broken' TVs and Monitors, has increased to silly amounts..I saw some standard Dell E172fp types, in a used state, with the comment 'may have pixels missing or dead',and with wear and tear...and the Seller wanted £47.50 each....total nonsense !!!!.The other thing Sellers fail to realise is, Its not what you want for the item BUT what people are willing to pay.

Comment

Working...
                      X