Philips 42PFL5432D/37

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 42PFL5432D/37

Shopping List of all the other CrapXon caps on the power board. I already have the set of 3 (1500uV35) & the single (2200uF16V) in my basket at Digi-Key.

Here are the others needed to totally re-cap all the CrapXons on the power board.......

47uF35v KM105 (5mmX13mm)
    2.2uF50v NK105 (5mmX13mm)
    6.8uF50v KM (6mmX13mm)
    100uF25v KM105(5mmX13mm)
    10uF25v GS (5mmX13mm)

Do you think I need them ?

Comment

Originally posted by PoteauPets View Post
      47uF35v KM105 (5mmX13mm)
      2.2uF50v NK105 (5mmX13mm)
      6.8uF50v KM (6mmX13mm)
      100uF25v KM105(5mmX13mm)
      10uF25v GS (5mmX13mm)
      If this were my TV, I would have replaced them all in the intial go. Check diameter to make sure they fit. Plus all 5 caps below are $1.51 total so a no brainer really.

Here are the suggested replacements.

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...1232-ND/356135

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...0313-ND/266322

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod.../P936-ND/80642

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...413-ND/2433547

http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...1212-ND/356116
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

PS. Just remember about polarity and putting the caps in the right direction.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...46&postcount=8

And make sure the post office sends the caps to the right town this time.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks so much Retiredcaps.. You have been so nice, and yes I will make sure they send them to the right post office this time.

I took your advice and added 2 each of the five caps above. Remember, I have nearly the exact same flat screen t.v. in my bedroom, only difference is it's a 37" not a 42", and as yet no problems.

Dig-Keys online ordering is down till 4:00 a.m., but everything is in my basket and ready to roll first thing in the morning. Hopefully, I will have them by Tuesday.

I will hollar at you when they come in.

Comment

Hi everyone, I am new here with the same problem with this TV. However, when I go to turn it on I can here something trying to power on, but nothing happens and the led light just stays a steady red.

PoteauPets... Any news, the suspense is killing me!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tbuch View Post
              Hi everyone, I am new here with the same problem with this TV.
              You can start by posting top down view pictures of your boards by following my sig file below exactly.
              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

I haven't got the back cover off yet... Just brought the TV out of the closet But I have been studying all the posts on this subject for two days. I will post pictures as soon as I get the back off~ Thank You

Comment

Finally, here are my pictures... Hubby has the tools in his car so I had to go on a hunt for spares.

I hope I uploaded them right.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Finally, here are my pictures...
                    Those group of 3 green caps are bloated. They provide power to the inverter section so the backlights can come on.

If you or your husband are good at soldering, I suggest replacing all the caps on the power board.

You should also post a picture of the main/logic board. This is the board that holds the HDMI, RCA, component connectors.

edit: It seems the same 3 keep dying as evidence from other posters who have the same TV.
                    Last edited by retiredcaps; 01-26-2012, 04:32 PM.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Thanks retiredcaps, I also noticed that those three caps were bloated. I will pull off the cover and upload pictures of the main/logic board~ Thanks again!!

Comment

Here are three more images of the next board... With 3 more obvious bad caps.
                        Attached Files

Comment

With 3 more obvious bad caps.
                          I see 4.
                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Is the 4th the gold colored cap on the opposite side as the three?

Comment

Is the 4th the gold colored cap on the opposite side as the three?
                              Since I can't see the complete board and its relationship, it is the one circled in red. I think it is bloated, but it could also be a lighting trick?
                              Attached Files
                              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Yep, that is the one I was referring to, after closer inspection i did notice that it is bloated.

~ You don't happen to know JavaScript coding do you? .. LOL!!!

Comment

Yep, that is the one I was referring to, after closer inspection i did notice that it is bloated.
                                  That is why we always ask for photos of your boards versus referring to stock or other people's photos.

~ You don't happen to know JavaScript coding do you? .. LOL!!!
                                  My programming days are long, long, over.
                                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                                    That is why we always ask for photos of your boards versus referring to stock or other people's photos.
                                    That's a very good idea!! My newbie eyes may not see what yours does

Originally posted by QUOTE=retiredcaps View Post
                                    My programming days are long, long, over.
                                    Ahhh, mine are just starting. In fact the TV is on hold for the night so I can work on my schoolwork

Comment

Hi I'm back.... Javascript got boring.

Anyway, I have compiled a list of all the recommended replacement capacitors that I will need to order with the exception of the one rated 220uf 25v, what do you suggest for this guy? ~Thanks!!!

Also, I am having an issue locating the part number

For replacements use Panasonic FR caps (91 cents each) at digikey. Shipping from digikey is about $2.75 USD and you get the parts in 48 hours or so.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...25v+fr&stock=1
                                      Last edited by tbuch; 01-26-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys,
                                        The caps finally made their arrival this afternoon. I removed and replaced all 9 of the CrapXon caps. Put the board back in, powered it on, and it's stayed on for a little over 2 hours now. I am sooooo soooo excited. Remember, I could barely get an hour before it would shut itself off. I think it's fixed !!!! Thank you guys for all your help. I couldn't have done it without you, that's for sure My 10 year old daughter is so excited to be able to watch her morning cartoons again before she starts her school day.
                                        Oh, and one more thing....when I started this whole adventure, I was a little nervous about soldering. I had to replace one cap, then re-do it because I put it in backwards, but after doing all 9 today, I think my solder joints are the prettiest ones on the board......lol
                                        I'm uploading some pics for your perusal. Thanks again guys, WE DID IT !!!!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

exception of the one rated 220uf 25v, what do you suggest for this guy?
                                          main();

{

printf(" http://search.digikey.com/us/en/prod...2383-ND/613744 ");

}
                                          Last edited by retiredcaps; 01-27-2012, 01:24 AM.
                                          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                                          X