Samsung LE40M86BD fine lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LE40M86BD fine lines

Hello, i replaced the AS15-F on a friends Samsung but have noticed it has a red line of the left and three on the right. After 20 minutes the line on the left disappears and the three on the right turn to a single line.
    Is this a tab bond issue or something else ? I've pulled a few of the caps of the power board and they test fine.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung LE40M86BD fine lines

Lines that disappear or lines that appear after a short time would be a tab bond issue I think, try twisting the frame a little to see if it come and goes Flocko

Comment

Cheers Flocko, i've just given it a twist and the lines changed. I'll see if i can get some thermal pad in there to keep the pressure on.

Comment

I've found the single-pixel line issues to be generally unrepairable, even if it is "tab bond" related. That's just my experience, though.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hope the thermal pads work for you, the trouble is I like Tom have never had much luck with this type of repair you may get it working and put it all back together only to find it fails again down the line, I just end up parting sets out with tab problems as don't want them coming back ,tell your friend / owner the problem then its their call, but good luck with it anyway Flocko

Comment

The only tab bond repair sets I do is 26" Chimei, as they seem to last... the others just die a few days/weeks later.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you both. I think I'll leave it for now then, the TV already has a dark shadow in the middle and the lines almost disappear on their own, i don't want to make this worse.

Comment

Working...
              X