Sony kde-42xs955 No video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony kde-42xs955 No video

Ok so I just bought this Sony Wega kde-42xs955 for $10.00 couldnt pass it up, there was no info on what was wrong only told that the screen doesnt turn on. When I got it home I plugged it in and it powers on with a flashing green led 11 times and the lights stay on like its good but the screen does not light up or come on. My question is where do i begin to find out whats wrong? I cannot find any bad caps or burned/chared components btw. I have attached pictures of the board.
    Attached Files

Re: Sony kde-42xs955 No video

also i have tested the psu board with a multimeter and found all voltages to be correct, i am lost as for what todo next

Comment

ok I believe I have narrowed it down to the Y-sus, How can I find out what to do to try and repair it, I have MMeter and Soldering Iron in hand!

Comment

Does this TV have a Y-sustain? It looks like an LCD TV, not a plasma TV. Unless the main boards are under that cage. I suppose, PSU is quite big for an LCD.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have the exact same TV and same problem. Do you have any updates?

Comment

I have aqquired one of these, and what mine does, it turns on and I get pix & sound for about 10 seconds. As soon as the fans start it shuts down with no error codes. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
            X