Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony CECH-ZED1U Playstation 3D LED TV - Two Red Flash

That's without anything hooked up except the power cable. Even with either HDMI hooked up, the image is still messed up. I can still play a game, but it is nowhere near completely functional.
    Last edited by lionitusofsparta; 07-25-2014, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lionitusofsparta View Post
      That's without anything hooked up except the power cable. Even with either HDMI hooked up, the image is still messed up. I can still play a game, but it is nowhere near completely functional.
      Ok, maybe it related to an error writing the eeprom or a totally different problem. Try verifying if the eeprom read match against the binary file.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply and...You're gonna have to translate that for me...I'm what you might call a newb.

Comment

"replaced the motherboard...and this is what comes up."
          looks like he replaced the motherboard, not the eeprom, so it could have a corrupt eeprom or something else wrong with the replacement motherboard.
          What was wrong with the original motherboard? and why did you replace it.

Comment

I messed up the original motherboard trying to replace the U4 eeprom(two blinking red light issue), which is why I ordered another one.
            Last edited by lionitusofsparta; 07-26-2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

English version of the video "Sony Playstation 3D Display CECH-ZED1U Blinking Red Light fix repair (Real) "
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdPGSZnTIPw

Comment

Hi,

i repair 2 sets of my 3D Tv,

Thanks everyone here.

Regards,

Bobby
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey All, look this, is a repair kit for the Display original from Sony. It comes with the eeprom and three regulators.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SONY-Main-Bo...p2054897.l4275

Comment

Someone made that up, I don't think its from Sony, it does'nt even look like a ligit Sony part number

Comment

Hi R_J, my surprise was that the kit comes with 3 regulators, I didn't know that we also need to change any regulators. What do you think?
                      Last edited by as1; 08-19-2014, 09:55 PM.

Comment

I have no idea, I never had to replace any regulators, ask the guy selling them why he thinks they should be replaced.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                          I have no idea, I never had to replace any regulators, ask the guy selling them why he thinks they should be replaced.
                          Another thing that sounds strange to me is that it comes with only one eeprom for the two versions of the mainboard. My understanding was that each mainboard needs a different firmware binary.

Comment

Dang, had it working for a few hours then the video went wonky similar to lionitusofsparta's. Figured the EEPROM was corrupt, so I desoldered the chip but accidentally lifted the solder pads for pin 6/7. Anyone know if there are any alternate points?

Edit: dang, tried to remove it again and lifted a few more pads. Going to give this a break for a little bit.
                            Last edited by FierceDeityLink; 08-24-2014, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FierceDeityLink View Post
                              Dang, had it working for a few hours then the video went wonky similar to lionitusofsparta's. Figured the EEPROM was corrupt, so I desoldered the chip but accidentally lifted the solder pads for pin 6/7. Anyone know if there are any alternate points?

Edit: dang, tried to remove it again and lifted a few more pads. Going to give this a break for a little bit.
                              Hi, did you use a new eeprom or reuse the original one? Are you using a electric stabilizer?

Comment

Originally posted by as1 View Post
                                Hi, did you use a new eeprom or reuse the original one? Are you using a electric stabilizer?
                                New one, bought the programmer and a pack of 10 as suggested earlier in the thread. No electric stabilizer, should I? I'm probably just going to need to buy a new board.

Comment

Originally posted by FierceDeityLink View Post
                                  New one, bought the programmer and a pack of 10 as suggested earlier in the thread. No electric stabilizer, should I? I'm probably just going to need to buy a new board.
                                  I strongly recommend to you to use an stabilizer.

Comment

was wondering if any one has both bin files for both models i got a 7200 board and a 7400 board i got my programer in today id like to get a copy of both roms so i can fix them both thanks

Comment

Hi all,

I have bought 2 times this screen and the both screen have this issue: "red light blinking ..."This screen make me crazy !!

I bought these eprom :
                                      http://www.ebay.fr/itm/321477494481?...481%26_rdc%3D1
                                      and this programmer:
                                      http://www.ebay.fr/itm/151065888182?...182%26_rdc%3D1

But the software does't recognise the chip and i don' understand why ?

I tried on 3 different computer win7 64bit et win7 32 bits,installing the driver works correctly. The softawre always says "usb status ok" but it never detecs the chips.

Could anyone have an idea ?
                                      Thanks
                                      Attached Files

Comment

I suspect the chip is not correctly installed usually it would sit with pin one closest to the ziff handle
                                        I would have also ordered this adaptor http://www.ebay.com/itm/SOIC-SOP8-to...E:L:OC:CA:3160
                                        using an ohm meter check that pin one of the chip goes to pin one of the ziff socket pin two, three etc.
                                        I used the software I posted in thread #258 and it worked ok but also used a slightly different programer
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by R_J; 11-05-2014, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Hi,
                                          first thank for your reply.
                                          I have checked the pin with ohmeter, all seems to be ok.(one to one, two to two, etc...).
                                          I already try the software you used in thread #258,CH341A.exe, but no success for installing the driver wich come with, so it doesn't detects the programmer.(tried on win 7 32bits and win 7 64bits).

If i install the driver from USB_SPI programmer, the USB SPI Tiny Tool software detects the programmer but not the chip.
                                          And with this same driver installed,CH341A.exe doesn't detects the programmer.

Amazing !!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X