Gioteck Playstation 3 Controller GC2 Wireless Controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gioteck Playstation 3 Controller GC2 Wireless Controller

Hi guys my young nephew has just been given one of these controllers the problem is you cant use the usb lead to use the controller functions as it only chargers it, from the you tube video in the link i see it needs a usb dongle the problem is i cant locate one ive messaged gioteck though the you tube video and awaiting a reply what i need to know is can he just use a usb dongle im not sure if its bluetooth or wireless he will need and would it work? any ideas guys.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1Kd...dex=27&list=WL

Re: Gioteck Playstation 3 Controller GC2 Wireless Controller

you can get real good controllers that dont need extra crap from DX for about £7 inc postage - so i hope that didnt cost much!
    http://www.dx.com/p/rechargeable-dua...lack-red-93529

Comment

No he got it free so thats ok just wondered if a usb dongle would it work? i guess the controller stores all the firmware etc.
      Last edited by vinceroger69; 03-17-2016, 06:00 PM.

Comment

it is probably custom, because a friend had something similar i repaired and it had no means to sync the controller to the dongle.

the controller dongle must be emulating a HID device anyway, or it would need drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          it is probably custom, because a friend had something similar i repaired and it had no means to sync the controller to the dongle.

the controller dongle must be emulating a HID device anyway, or it would need drivers.
          I totally forgot about having too sync the controller to the dongle so as you say the cheap usb bluetooth or wireless dongles from ebay certainy wont work imo, i will inform him unless he can get the correct dongle it wont work its a pity gioteck customer services wont reply to emails its been four days bad customer service from them they could atleast say he needs the correct dongle etc. Thanks for the link too some very good bargains on that site.

Comment

Edit too the above post, gioteck got back too me this afternoon there going to send a usb dongle out ive just got to cover the postage that seems quite fair imo, im sure my nephew will be happy if it all works ok.

Comment

Working...
            X