Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radeon X850 pro...

Anyone still using one.
    i sure could use some help on R17 value located fan side above gold finger 8

Regards: HenryJ

edit: 4 spelling

Re: Radeon X850 pro...

Hi HenryJ,

Is the resistor damaged or missing? Or, you don't know how to get the value?

Can you post a pic of the problem part or area?

Toast
    veritas odium parit

Comment

Received this missing along with C81 C82 so no pic or code to crack.

Thanks for your input !

Comment

Longtime comming on that pic Toast but with the help of plain Bill i'm able to post pic this time so here you go
        Attached Files

Comment

Without a reference X850 Pro card, there is no way to get that resistor value. If I had to -guess-, I would use the same value as R16 on the back side.

Same goes for the 3 missing caps C81,82,86. Those caps are decoupling caps to keep noise off the lines. You could take one off the reverse and measure it to get a value.

That resistor is extremely small. Trying to replace it is going to be very tricky at best as it's 2 x 1mm. The surface tension from the solder alone will drag it off the pads. Those are placed with a solder paste/glue that is cured then heated in a -very- precisely controlled environment to get the solder to flow. Be aware that heating and soldering on one side may cause you to lose components on the other. A too high wattage iron may destroy the traces and pads.

Plus, you'll need a very good magnifier and a super steady hand. Get extras of each as you're gonna lose one...

Toast
          veritas odium parit

Comment

I have done it, need a needle tweezer to hold it down while soldering.

Philips modules are filled with those microscopic SMD devices.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Working...
            X