Skype USB handset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype USB handset

I spotted this on ebay for ~$20 after shipping and I thought why not.

It arrived today and to my dismay the first thing I noticed was it was white and not black like I ordered (meh, I guess I could live with that). I also get the disc which contains two things: a manual which is purely broken english (apparently I can penetrate a firewall deeply with this handset ) and an installer for the software and hopefully the drivers.
    So I install the program and then fire it up and plug the handset in.
    The first two times I plugged it in all I got was a flicker on the little blue LCD panel as well as a message on my desktop that the device had either malfunctioned or was missing its drivers. On the third try I got further and it installed USB audio drivers and an HID driver but the thing still can't be seen by the interface software and it still wouldn't work! >:/
    I'm digging around in the directory that the program was installed into and I see not a single trace of that blasted driver.
    I checked his feedback and so far most of his problems came from USB cup warmers not working and not the handsets so I contacted Mr. China Man anyways just to see what he has to say in the matter.
    Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Re: Skype USB handset

phone i got uses skypemate software like many phones.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Shypemate can't see it either :/
      Find Nedry!

Comment

Is this geniune skype handset, not the low quality knockoffs?

Second find GOOD antivirus/rootkit and scan your computer, the software might be seriously infected. And what is your computer specs? Skype is bit heavy on hardware requirements due to coding/decoding and again to transmit via network etc.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

what the hell is a genuine skype handset

i use a local product
          cost about the same. uses skypemate. very nice
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

It's a knockoff but it has a model if that is any help.
            PD241H

Anyways, I seriously doubt the single installer did much (why the hel are you so paranoid that the installer might have a virus or rootkit?) as all it did was unpack and dump everything (like three dozen files and folders) into C:\Program Files\voip\
            Anyways, I have since managed to get a little more life out of it. I got the mic and speaker to work (nearly blew my eardrum out wiht the speaker and the mic is a little funky but I assume that's because the volume controls on the handset are not working yet) but the buttons and screen still don't work.
            Also, I was testing it on my moms comp which is used for Skype calls almost daily with my aunt in Ottawa.
            Find Nedry!

Comment

I was thinking.... but have you tried it on another PC yet? COuld just be that the USB port hasn't got enough current?
              Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
              X