X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

^
    nice try shovenose. Keep making them, I'll keep popping them. This aint my first rodeo with a troll.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
      ^
      nice try shovenose. Keep making them, I'll keep popping them. This aint my first rodeo with a troll.
      Awesome Job Topcat! Like I said before I would still pay $5 a month just to have a ignore list for feks like this. Thanks for not charging me.

Comment

Hats off to Topcat.

Comment

That's why I love lurking these forums.
          Recovering a BEFSR41 v1 and v2 router from solid red DIAG Light
          I have two v2s and one v1.

I am still looking at these boards nearly every day.

What I'm doing: Planning an upgrade of my mining setup from Block Erupters to Red Furys. Though, if the Block Erupters don't sell, I will keep using them for a while.

Comment

Hi, Everyone.

I'm from Indonesia. I learn a lot from the forum here. Thanks.

Comment

Hi from Croatia
              Name Zeljko. Im new here.
              Had problems with fixing samsung 740N monitor but now it is working because of this forum .(bad caps and picofuse)
              Thanks to all.

Comment

Hello All,
                Im not a pro by any means, But I got a multimeter and a soldering iron.
                And no fear of fire or electrocution (then a gain neither has happened Yet)
                I wanna play tooooo ;}

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                  ^

good job topcat. block his IP address
                  sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

IP blocking is good so long as it's static. Home ISP connections usually aren't.

Comment

duh.

sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Hello I'm highly advanced spambot from Finland and this is my takeover of this forum

Hello all and thx for great info on this page. Have visited here several occasions and finally decided to register.

Comment

welcome to badcaps forums where spambots come to die

Comment

Name is carkid as the name implies I work on cars for now and wondered into electronics because of their how does this work factor. Continuing my education and hopefully finish a electrical or mechanical engineering sometime in this lifetime. Hope to learn as much from this forum/people here.

Comment

Hi. I'm here because I had 9 Nichicon, 6 1.500 mF and 3 3.300 mF, fail on my motherboard. So, I'm studying up on how to remove the damaged capacitors and attach some working ones. Since they're ones that are next to the CPU, I'm contemplating replacing them with some capacitors that have a higher temp rating. From what I've seen, I thought I'd include a photo since this seems to be quite the show and tell group. I'm actually impressed that it didn't fry the whole system. I'm think about changing all of the capacitors, but that could get pricey. Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys the photo.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I've been in computer repair since the early 90's mostly hardware upgrades, virus/spyware removal and of course R&R bad caps. I am getting a lot of notebook/motherboard repair especially the onboard video chips. I think it's time to invest in some re-ball equipment.

Sundancer

Comment

Hi...my name is Steve and I am from MN, I just got done repairing my westinghouse 19" SK-19H210S, I put in the 16v 2200 capacitor, it worked well for about 6 hours, then I started losing all controls. The volume does not go up as high as it use to, I can't change channels unless I go to a different input then come back, and now this am, I can't turn it off, the remote does almost nothing, along with the buttons in the side of the tv. Anyone have any ideas, or should I have replaced all of the caps?
                                  I am a self taught mechanic and into Mopar muscle cars, although now I am concedntrating on putting an '87 Buick Grand National back together that I bought as a basket case. I think I will get a lot out of this web site.....My interest in electronics goes back to my days in high school which was about 40 years ago! Hello to all!

Comment

Hi to all , My name is keith , an ex computer engineer and logistics manager now retired, I have joined this forum as sick of putting laptop mobo,s, dab radios, psu,s etc. in the duff cupboard to gather dust when most of them are possibly or probably bad cap problems, have a bit of experience from working in a service centre many moons ago so joined this forum to access some of the very good threads and info thats available and try and bring some of these duffers back to life

cheers to all
                                    KB

Comment

Welcome Keith !

Comment

Hello all - What a wealth of knowledge here!!! I'm excited as I think this group can help us fix our beloved 50" Plasma. I see a lot of similar issues but none that nail my issue. With your guidance I think this is do-able. Gonna go surf the forums some more before I post the issue in case some one's already been through my experience - Thanks to all!!!

Comment

hello for everyone
                                          sorry for my english
                                          i am new italian user in this forum
                                          ciao.

Comment

Working...
                                          X