This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello from Pflugerville, Texas, I retired at the end of '10 from a job creating special high speed processor links test equipment at Intel up at DuPont, Wa, Before that I worked in video conferencing (video pre-post processing boards) and Texas Instruments (from eng. tech in early '70s to sr member of technical staff by '96), both near Austin, Tx. Before TI I spent 5 years in the US navy as electronic tech and reactor operator. I'm just now working on an Element Electronics LCD TV that appears to have the pregnant capacitors flu. Wish me luck,
    Richard

Comment

Hi, my name is Chuck. I'm was reading some posts and decided to join. I'm attempting to replace some bad caps on a couple of MB's. Hopefully I'll be successful with my project.

Comment

Hi everyone. This is Chiedu from Asaba, Nigeria. I sorta bumped into this site and liked what I saw. I'm a p.c hobbyist who loves to brainstorm and tinker a lot. I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this site a lot. Thanks for this kind of forum. Keep up the good work (and comments too)...

Comment

Hi! My name is Clay and I have stumbled across this site in my search for information on a Vizio TV power supply board. I've been working in electronics both professionally and as a hobbyist for over 30 years. It's good to find a site with like minded people!

Comment

Hello all! I found this site looking for info on repairing the PSU for a Dell 470 Precision since they're hard to find and expensive. Many thanks to Toasty for giving me the info to order the correct parts to repair the PSU myself.

Comment

Evening all. Found this forum while searching for details relating to my Samsung LE32R88BD.

Yaz

Comment

Hi, I am new
                I have a a Laptop Dell It doesn't boot up what should I do?
                Thx

Comment

I'm Phil from St Louis. Cut my teeth on RCA CTC-16s while working at an independent shop back in the 60s. I'm at the stage of life where I have the time to get back into repairing electronics. I use the name reeferman as I was formerly in the commercial refrigeration industry.

Comment

helloo.. im new member got here by googling for problem with acer x193w problem . wonderful forum im from indonesia not good in english just trying solve problem

Comment

Here to fix my plasma screen tv. I've got 5 years experience in electronics repair, but before the time of flat screens. More recently I've been doing computer and network oriented work.

Comment

Hello, I am a new member. I have been an electronics tech for over 30 years. I do side work reparing most anything.

Comment

Hello All,
                          Glad to be aboard. I have to be honest, I'm looking for info on the ViewSonic VX922. The strangest thing about this model! Trying to get a service manual. I've hit every site about this model, with no luck. Anyway I will try a contribute here and in return, recieve some knowledge from the pro's.

Comment

Hello to everyone. My name is Daniel and I live here on the gulf coast of Mississippi. I am retired and I enjoy DIY projects, computers, tropical fish, genealogy, etc. I was researching information and advice on my Sanyo Plasma DP50747 television problem and decided to post on this helpful forum. This is a very interesting and friendly forum.

Comment

It's an amazing forum for me. My name is Norman, I'm a technician with an lcd's inverter problem right now. Hopefully lots of help for me. Thanks All

Comment

Hi my name is Ken from the Phoenix, Arizona area. I am new to this forum or any forum for that matter. I came across it during trying to trouble shoot my Vizio Plasma TV model JV50PHDTV10A and became very interested in the conversations and troubleshooting. I am a project maintenance mechanic so deal mostly with mechanical aspects of things but do some basic electrical and troubleshooting but by no means down to the board level other than looking at them for burn marks and such. I do like to learn and believe in finding/repairing the cause of the problem on things. Im 50 plus so to me don't like to throw money away and want to fix what will work and is good. Hope this is a good enough introduction and look forward to reading more troubleshooting forums along with trying to find the problems and correct my own Vizio television. Have a great day. Ken

Comment

Hi,

I'm Alan and I'm new to the forum. A few years ago I was introduced to the 'wonders' of vintage stereo equipment via a rather wonderful Sansui 661. I'm currently preferring the Yamaha natural sound through a CR-800 receiver.

My back ground (a long time ago) was as an aircraft engineer (airframe, I know I really shouldn't be playing with electronics) but now spend my time in an office in the finance industry.

Comment

Hello all,

Glad to be apart of this community

Comment

hi all
                                      i'm alex and i am new to the forum.and i would just like to thank the forum for helping me repair my sony tv

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm new on this forum, I knew about the forum for a couple of years but just decided to make an account.
                                        I recently started being more interested in LCD TV repairs and read some of the topics here, I thought it would be usefull if I could post too.

Have a great day!

Comment

Good morning, I am Richard Smith 58 years old ( kodi ). I live in Bowie Maryland and have recently retired due to my disabilities. I have been a Troubleshooter for ciena corp. for the last 14 years before leaving. I have 1 son and 3 grandchildren. I am bored so I started to fix a few lcds and plasma tvs that were given to me.!!!!
                                          I kind of decided I could make a little extra $$ on the side which would help alot. It's rough living on a fixed income. More as a hobby not as a bussiness. I ran across your site and wanted to join, so here I am. I would like to get some feedback on a cheap hot air rework station that is reliable.

Comment

Working...
                                          X