Hard To Find Matshita Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard To Find Matshita Firmware

I need some help here. This CDRW/DVD ROM drive is in a Dell C640 Laptop. Here is what happened to it. I didn't have it pushed all the way in and locked into my Lappy. As a result it just can't read disks now. I don't remember if it is just CD's or DVD's that it fails on or if it can't read anythig at all. It still reports what it is to the Lappy as follows: Matshita CDRW/DVD UJDA740 in windows Xp system. I was thinking that I may have screwed up its Firmware. Now I can't find the original firmware or and update for same anywhere. Does anyone here know where I can find something? Here is what it says on the drives lable. First it says Panisonic. However the next stuff is as follows Matshita
    UJDA740 DL5-A
    HW 1.01 FW 1.03
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
    Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
    John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
    Rod Serling

Re: Hard To Find Matshita Firmware

http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/21...-download.html

Comment

Thanks NxB! I got it.Now its time to use it. Got the firmware from Dell but it wouldn't refreash my firmware because it already flashed to the same version as the Dell update package.
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
      Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
      John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
      Rod Serling

Comment

Some of the flashers have command line switches to force update.

Comment

i doubt the firmware is the issue.
          btw all panasonic/matsushita drives i have seen id as matshita.
          must be a limit to name length.

Comment

NxB what would that command line switch be? I have two CDRW/DVD-ROM drives for this thing. The other is a HL Data Storage GCC-4241N, and its sick too. The HL reads DVD's just fine but has real problems with many CD's. I did find the firmware update for the HL and it reflashed just fine, It just may be alive again but I was too beat to mess with it anymore last night. The Matshita did everything well until I did my stupid trick of not having it plugged in all the way.
            Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

Working...
            X