Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E2209Wc Display

Originally posted by n3llyfl0w View Post
    I have the same problem that he has , i tun on my screen it shows up for 2 seconds then goes black and power light stays on ,i have no idea about power fuses and stuff like that , would it work if i bought the aoc power board new?
    Maybe, maybe not. The symptom you describe is 'Two seconds to black'. Possible causes are bad caps, bad transformers, bad CCFLs or the wiring to the CCFLs, and a problem with the protect circuitry. If the problem is the CCFLs or the wiring to them replacing the power supply / inverter would not do any good.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

This is a very informative site. I have the exact same monitor and circuit board version as the one in the pictures. The only difference is a couple digits in the serial number. It appears I have a similar problem as well. The screen view appears good for a second or two and then goes dark, but I can still almost make out the image. I'm not seeing any discoloration anywhere; do you still want pictures?

I've read through the posts. Both fuses (F902 & F801) have continuity. D905 (upper right of yellow transformer) outputs 5V and D906 (upper left of yellow transformer) output 14.8V.

What do you suggest next?

Comment

Originally posted by BeforeSurfaceMount View Post
        The screen view appears good for a second or two and then goes dark, but I can still almost make out the image.
        2 seconds to black can be

a) bad caps
        b) bad ccfls
        c) bad ccfl wiring (especially the return wiring)
        d) bad secondary windings on the inverter transformer

More details starting with post #19 at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10419

Also, see budm's Inverter tester using old CFL

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19987
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
        X