VA1912wb issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VA1912wb issue

My Viewsonic VA1912wb monitor has recently come up with the most annoying problem. The blue contrast/brightness dialogue box has appeared and - despite all efforts on my part - will not go away. The damned thing sits smack in the middle of the screen, while the "highlighter" bounces back and forth between the brightness and contrast buttons. All the manual buttons at the bottom front are okay; none of them appear to be stuck.

I am not a "tecky"; and hope to hear of a non-technical solution to this problem.

Otherwise, the monitor is in good working order.

Re: VA1912wb issue

Moved from FAQ. Please don't post questions there.

as for your problem, it sounds like a bad microswitch. you can confirm this by opening the LCD case and using a multimeter to see what that switch is doing. It it is indeed shorted, buy a replacement on digikey/mouser/newark and happy soldering.

(if that is too tech of an answer, then get a new monitor or have a tech fix it. there is no other way)

PS- You misspelled "Vancouver" in your location. If I were you, I'd fix that.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Re: VA1912wb issue

Here is the service manual

page 7 onwards has detail of the button functions.
      When the osd is not on the screen try the factory reset for brightness/contrast then follow by the shortcut to lock the osd.

Dont know if that will work but shouldnt do any harm.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
      X