X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello all,

I was looking for a solution to fix a defective power board on a RCA tv set and many results Google found were bringing me here.

Yvon.

Comment

Hello all. Osmosium here. Im an electronics enthusiast & engineer. 1st computer ever owned was a new VIC-20. Used to head an authorized repair lab in the late 80's fixing Wyse and Altos equipment. Currently, I do software/firmware for Echostar.

Comment

hi evereyone

Comment

Hi. A wanna be technician here. Plenty of good info in this forum

Comment

Hi Everybody,

Panos from athens/greece....battling with pc's since 64k was considered excessive memory !!! :-0

Bulging caps have provided me with adequate income ....and a lot of revived hardware that people were just throwing away....

nice 2 be here....

Comment

Hello everyone, I am new to Badcaps..I was looking for info on how to fix my Samsung 24" PC Monitor - 240 and man...did I ever find the fix here...I know you all have heard this many times before but I will say it again...the information provided on the web and in sites such as Badcaps is truly incredible...I am so grateful and continually amazed. I think back to the times I had to fix my Honda SL-70 motorcycle by trial and error, or my Bang and Olfusen (sp?) Stereo Receiver which I endlessly blew up (transformers) ...If I only had the web to reference way back when....
              Last edited by Billykid05; 04-18-2012, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Hi - I'm an IT guy and love to fix things. Took some EE courses in college, but very littel practical application. Thus I'm just learning electronics repair more in-depth than "rip-and-replace".
                I have a Samsung 244t problem child that I will likely be posting about. This forum is a great resource!

Comment

mazda8616 here well iam not in the wrong place but i need all the help i can get very new to all eletronics but poorer then dirt to have shops fix my stuff that the manufacturer was cheap in parts / not saying repair shops are a problem just money is a problem anyway got here looking to fix a fence charger gone bad. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING MY UNEDUCATED LAY PERSON IN/ to learn.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                    I'm a budding technician, I first started with electronics at the age of 9 (I'm 24 now). I built my first regenerative tube radio at 16, and now I mostly deal with amplifiers, etc. but I also enjoy restoring old tube radios.
                    Since tube gear is so dependent on EL Caps, this seems like a good forum to join!

Comment

Hi guys! I stumbled across this forum recently and holy smokes! Tonnes of info here, tonnes of helpful people. I'm a rookie with such things but recently I've had a habit of picking up LCD's with issues, I'm hoping I can ask for some advice when a simple cap replacement just won't cut it. And of course, if there's anything that my limited knowledge can help out with I'd be more than happy to share.

Comment

Hello!
                        I've been using these forums to fix my LCD monitor! Lots of great information here!

Comment

Hello everybody. I've stumbled on this forum on several occasions while helping my dad troubleshoot some LCD TV problems. Unfortunately, i haven't the expertise to help other people with their technical trouble, but maybe some of my questions will help anyway :P

Comment

Hi,

Looking for advice in regard to an Olevia issue and found your group. Hope I can learn some things.

Mike

Comment

Hi Everybody,

I do electronic stuff and repairments for myself. This forum is the best.

best regards to all.

Comment

Hello All,

Tons of knowledge and information here on this site. Thanks to all in advance.

Electronics Technician here specializing in Pulsed Doppler Radar. Just getting into LCD and Plasma television repair as a hobby and maybe supplemental income in the future. Closest repair shop is 200 miles away.

Anyhow...talk to yall soon!

Chuck

Comment

I am liking the look of the place , and after just 2 visits I have found this forum to be the best I have ever come across . I look forward to learning from all of you , and thank you for being there .

Comment

good evening comrades!

Comment

Hey all! I'm Craig, and I'm a college student at Michigan Technological University in Houghton, MI studying electrical engineering. I have a great interest in electronics and love to tear things apart, as I'm sure most of your can say!

I am currently employed as an electronic service technician and repair (mostly) televisions, although I've dabbled elsewhere. If you have any questions about your TV problems, feel free to ask.

On an opposing note, I'm not an overflowing all-knowing source of information, and I need your help! If you're a TV expert, have great knowledge of microcontrollers/processors, etc., I would love to chat with you and garner a renewed sense of excitement for my field. At 22-years-old, I'm young and still an idiot, so all pointers are welcome! Thanks, and I look forward to meeting the other members!

Comment

Hello! I'm Bob, currently residing around Melbourne, Australia. I take things apart, and occasionally even get them back together again. Degrees in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Microelectronics Engineering and majored in Mathematics so I'm big on theory. Hope to contribute in a more practical environment ; )

Comment

Pastor Tech

My name is Dan Jones have been basically into electronics for more than half of my life from 1984 repairing proramming the 8088 Xt Tandy 1000 Commodore 64 and I know this is totally dinosaurus in comparison.
                                          I have also Electronic Engineer Degree with Florida Technical College and 7 years 31 Mike Multichannel Commuinications Equipment and Repair in the Arm Forces.I had a Electronic company over 8 years when I was active then became a pastor but some tragedy situation happen to me and my youthful flock we were burned down by drug dealers but i discover great things can come from a burn out new friends new companies and a sanctuary rebuilt totally new for the price of a handshake and go do what yu love is preach and repair hearts.
                                          I always still have folk bring there heart or a broke something to church. SO i had a challenge didnt think nothing of but to find a schematic diagraham of a Sony PCG with no power and discover this site Badcaps and I have fell in love with this in 10 minutes. I straight up stupid when it comes to lets discover together what makes this ticks robotics proramming and lets see even if we can reverse the earth on its axis electronically backwards. Well scientifically it aint going to happen. Well i have alot of history in some other sites with support and giving support when i have the time.

If it broke lets fix it Dont Fuss or Cuss Call Us . Wisdom and Maturing the mind pass those Tandy 1000 would be helpful and it was this day on Badcaps Forum.Thanks Dudes

Comment

Working...
                                          X