VPN anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPN anyone?

Hey everyone I'm looking to set up a VPN, I am already a Linux user "Ubuntu" for about 2 years now. I looking for some advise about VPN boxes. I have a few old towers around as well as some old NIC cards.. Id like to set up a secure network that I could remote into via a static IP and then be able to remote into other PC's, DVR's, and so on. Thanks in advance..

Sgnob.

edit
    Ha after some reading and google searching, I think I may want to set up some kind of server.. any one got some input about this?
    Last edited by Sgnob; 07-08-2011, 10:37 PM. Reason: I'm a goof..

Re: VPN anyone?

plenty of ways of doing this. VPN router. Using PFSense or another nix or bsd based routing software. PFSense 1.2 can do PPTP and 2.0 (beta) can do L2TP.
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

I leave all my remote services open to the local network and then use ssh port forward when i want to access anything remotely.

Comment

I have a Linksys WRT54GS router which is able to run OpenVPN on the router itself (no need for dedicated servers and the like).

Works brilliantly!

I anticipate that most of the routers that work with OpenWRT or DD-WRT are able to run OpenVPN service on them (unless the router you have has very little memory).

Comment

Working...
        X