X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antivirus?

Hi guys; On this Hp Dv6 1259DX with win 7 installed came with
    a free malwarebytes Anti-Exploit , and Panda Free Antivirus,
    my question should i keep these or should i delete these? thanks in advance.

Re: Antivirus?

malwarebytes is very good,

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
      Hi guys; On this Hp Dv6 1259DX with win 7 installed came with a free malwarebytes Anti-Exploit , and Panda Free Antivirus,
      my question should i keep these or should i delete these? thanks in advance.
      I would keep panda or use microsoft security essentials which is free also.
      I would dump anti-exploit and load malwarebytes free.

Comment

I use nothing on most of my machines....but I'm also very careful with my internet activity. MS security essentals works good. malwarebytes is also a fine choice. Anything that requires money, I don't get into.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

Adblock plus and careful internet practices is enough for me.

However, if you insist on using an antivirus solution, Avast and AVG are about as good as they get for free. Avast is more lightweight and non-intrusive so that's what i install on my clients' machines, while my former employer was more partial to AVG.
          Originally posted by PeteS in CA
          Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
          A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Thanks guys and have A Marry Christamas

Comment

I'm trying out bit defender
              My pc
              CPU : AMD PHENOM II x4 @ 3.5Ghz
              MB : ASUS M4A89TD PRO USB3
              RAM : Kingston ValueRAM 16gb DDR3
              PSU : Cooler Master 850W Silent Pro
              GPU : ATI Radeon HD 6850

Comment

hi guys: i installed Microsoft Essencials and removed Panda and Malwares and all great so far.
                you won't believe how smooth this clean install of Win7 compared to Win vista that i used on the other same Hp laptop prior it went bad, this one runs faster the CPU doesn't get hot,people don't know what they miss.HP and all other brands come from Factory full of crappy advertising mix up with the software,if you remove stuff most likely will not work. Have a Marry Christmas you all

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
                  hi guys: i installed Microsoft Essencials and removed Panda and Malwares and all great so far.
                  you won't believe how smooth this clean install of Win7 compared to Win vista that i used on the other same Hp laptop prior it went bad, this one runs faster the CPU doesn't get hot,people don't know what they miss.HP and all other brands come from Factory full of crappy advertising mix up with the software,if you remove stuff most likely will not work. Have a Marry Christmas you all
                  on the vista VS 7: we believe it. you can run windows 7 on a P4, try that on vista and its painful.
                  Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Pandas new versions suck switch to bitdefender free

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                      Adblock plus and careful internet practices is enough for me.

However, if you insist on using an antivirus solution, Avast and AVG are about as good as they get for free. Avast is more lightweight and non-intrusive so that's what i install on my clients' machines, while my former employer was more partial to AVG.
                      I installed Avast several months ago - love it. I was chatting with my brother by phone, and we were researching a topic when his Internet browser went nuts with pop-ups. I suggested that he install Avast, and it quickly took care of the issue.
                      LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Originally posted by capkid View Post
                        I installed Avast several months ago - love it. I was chatting with my brother by phone, and we were researching a topic when his Internet browser went nuts with pop-ups. I suggested that he install Avast, and it quickly took care of the issue.
                        Hi guys i'm confused about Antivirus,i came across this Blog about Microsoft Essentials ,is this true?

http://www.howtogeek.com/173291/good...Speed=noscript

Comment

Avast is a great anti-virus program in my opinion. It does have it's down sides, though. Like advertisement on the free version of it, but it's only for avast related products, so it's not so bad. AVG and malwarebytes come pre-installed on some devices and, they even come as an option with some software. I don't like software that is distributated this way so I tend keep away from them. On the other hand, I have read and heard good things about them, so they should good.
                          MSE is ok I guess I install it on some client PCs.
                          Keyboard not detected, press F1 to continue...

Comment

http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/secur...antivirus-test

Comment

I forgot to mention Spybot Seach&Destroy. It's not an AV program, but it's a very goog anti-spyware/adware program, it also has a new anti-virus option which I heven't tried, but it if it's as good as the main program it should be pretty reliable. The down part is that the AV option is paid.

Comment

SuperAntiSpyware is also very good.

Comment

Any comments on this?

http://www.howtogeek.com/173291/good...Speed=noscript

Comment

Most mentioned here are scanners and not active. Some mentioned are sorta virus like when you go to remove them. I recommend eset and keeping popular vulnerabilities up to date.

Or keep a pc for the sole purpose of business and a net box.

Comment

Originally posted by junktv View Post
                                      Most mentioned here are scanners and not active. Some mentioned are sorta virus like when you go to remove them. I recommend eset and keeping popular vulnerabilities up to date.

Or keep a pc for the sole purpose of business and a net box.
                                      I have to disagree. Avast and MSE both have live protection. Not to mention the passive protection (imunization) of spybot S&D. Having a pc dedicated only to net browsing and a pc for everything else is a bit extreme, if you ask me. I have avast and I rearly get a notification that there is a virus in the webpage I am opening or the file I am downloading. As long as you don't click on "Your flash player is out of date, click here to update!", un-check the "I would love to install this Bonus/recomended sofware" that's attached to a lot of programs and stay away from the most common "Registry repair" and "PC optimizer" programs you should be ok.
                                      P.S. To the OP: It's best if you just format the drive install a clean version of win 7 on it. Some av leave lots of files and registry keys behind. I have found that symantec end point protection is the worst! Not only does it leave files, but it also keeps running! And when you finaly stop it it leaves tons of files and registy kesy behind.
                                      Last edited by reaper57; 12-30-2014, 06:49 AM.

Comment

I agree, I prefer SuperAntiSpyware too

Comment

Working...
                                        X