This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I am new at this but.... Thank you, Thank you , Thank you!!!!!...As they say, I know enough to be dangerous! Thanks so much for this forum! I have already made 3 successful cap repairs on my very first tries! At 47, I can't believe I waited this long to find out how easy it is! You can't imagine how much and how many electronics I have thrown away over the years! I'm pretty disgusted with myself. Thanks so much!-crostfam

Comment

Hi there-
      I found this forum looking for a place to get some help on a sony plasma tv.
      I know what happened to make it stop working- I was tightening a screw on a working Sony Plasma tv on the sustain board and shorted to ground with a screwdriver while hot. Yes I am humbled by my mistake. Now I dont know what I blew- a fuse or a board and it is dead. So I will be posting a request for some help. Thanks

Comment

hello everyone, I am colla and new here. nice to join in this forum

Comment

Hello all my name is Damian and Im from Ks. Working in the field for over 19 years now. Looking forward to helping in anyway I can and also advice when needed for my projects.
          Thanks

Comment

Greetings. I live in the Florida Panhandle and am a high school Science teacher. I started working with computers in 1983; DOS 2.X. My main job was software engineer and I was mostly involved in DoD projects. Later, my duties expanded to include network engineering and administration. My first home computer was a Tandy 1000A. It came with 16K RAM, a 4.77MHz CPU, and one 5.25” floppy drive. I later souped it up by adding a second 5.25” drive (later replaced by 3.5”), boosting RAM to 64K, and installing a 32MB “hard card.” I'm now the Science Chair at a small rural high school in northwest Florida. I'm still actively involved with computers and other electronics. One of my current projects is building a radiotelescope system at home.

Comment

Great site. I'm from Eastern North Carolina. I have traveled a bit, but I have settled here and I am a single father. I've been a PC technician since 1999.

My first PC was an Apple ][ plus in 1983 for a high school graduation gift. The first PC i ever used was the TRS-80 in 1982. From 1984 till 1994 i was sowing my oats I suppose.

I decided to go to East Carolina University in '94 and had to do a paper. I asked a person where the typewriters were. They smiled and took me to the computer lab. I was impressed by all the advancements, so I bought an Power Mac 7100 from the book store. I took the old Apple ][ out and made it count to a million to stretch its "legs". I think it took 4hours to count and print to the screen. I can't remember what my PC did.

i started working in computer labs for some egg money and saw the technician come in and work on the PCs. I figured I would enjoy that, so i started doing my own upgrades and built a PC and loaded Windows NT on it. I was fond of the VMS/VAX access I had and that led me to Linux. Then in 1999 I got my first Tech job for Sprint Telco doing upgrades for their CO computers for the Y2K bug. i worked in the RTP for several years.

Recently, I completed an Associate in Arts degree and decided to get another one in Cisco networking. So I am currently working on that.

I enjoy FreeBSD and Linux mainly, but also play in Windows a bit.

I joined the site, since it is an awesome resource. I was given an old desktop that had an Intel D865GLC board. I was over joyed when I got it and bought a small case, PSU and heat sink w/ fan to make it quiet and run pfSense. I noticed that every Nichicon cap was bulged. None have popped. Thanks to this site i see that this board has badcaps. he he. I was worried it was something else. I don't get any hash errors so all seems to be okay. I ordered Rubycon caps to replace the Nichicons on the board. After 20 years of work, I'll be capping my first board as soon as they arrive.

I have some old boards to practice on and after reading a lot in this forum and watching some other video, I bet I have thrown away a lot of easy fixes.

Better late than never.

Thanks for publishing this forum!

Comment

Hi everybody,
                I stumbled on to this site doing a little research into tv repair. I guess I'd just rather fix something old than buy something new- cheaper and more fun. I don't know much, but this seems like a great place to learn. I look forward to bothering you all with my questions, and hopefully learn enough to one be the guy on the other end of the questions (at least some of them). Thanks for having me (not that it was a choice).

Daniel

Comment

Hi All
                  Nice interesting site.
                  Located in Swansea UK
                  We do repairs to electronic pcb's from vehicles. Programming and supplies related to.

Always nice to find a real gem on the net.
                  Kev

Comment

Hello, intro ONLY as poor little Yottabyte. :-)

Comment

Hi, my name is Mike and love electronics but don't have the knowledge to repair them. I hoping this site can help me become more knowledgeable with electronics as well as repairing them. I have eight kids and have a lot of electronic questions.

Comment

Hi folks, I'm Mike in Sweden and I've been toying with electronics on and off since I was a kid :-)

Comment

Hi everyone,

Ryan from TX. Hoping to get some help with troubleshooting my ln46a550!

Comment

Greetings! Tom from Rochester! I have a 2008 58" Panasonic TH-58PZ800U that has the blacks turning red issue. I opened the set up and checked the same wire connections others had issues with. So far so good....This site was the only help I could find on my issue.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=18969&page=2

Comment

Hello,

I'm new to the board and am looking for info on horizontall lines on my
                              Sharp LC-46E77UN.

Hope info on this forum can bring it back to normal!

Comment

Hi, just joined from Belgium. Network Engineer @Telenet with 4 kids. Kind regards, Arnd

Comment

Hi All, My name is Steve, I am a keen newbie to this stuff, looks like a nice place to spend some time & hopefully contribute in some way.

Comment

WTF? Over?

Hi all, glad to be here!

Tom

Comment

My name is Scott Danks, and I too have a monitor that I am seeking repair information about. I work as a senior systems analyst, and write programs in C#. I went to Vo-tech in high school and studied electronics, but with a focus on computers and not TV or Sterio repair. We spent one week on TV's and then went on to digital electronics and computers. So my knowledge is scarce in this area. I did work at a place that built satellite receivers in 1984, but we just did what they taught us to do, and used the expensive oscilloscopes to troubleshoot the circuits. I dont have one of those now and these monitors are all throw away surface mount types now, so I dont know where to start. I hope to learn something here.

Thanks for the site, I appreciate it.

Comment

Hello everyone, I come from Italy to bring my greetings to all of you.
                                        I am passionate about computer science in hardware on the notebook, that happens every now and then I can repair one.
                                        Maybe here, although with difficulty for the language (sorry for my english) I can receive or give aid in time.

Comment

Hello My name is Jared i have learned most of what i know about electronics through hands on experience but i have i lot to learn especially when it comes to tvs im hoping i could learn a little from those on this site . Thank you for any future help!!

Comment

Working...
                                          X