VIZIO SV422XVT TV won't turn on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VIZIO SV422XVT TV won't turn on.

After a brief power outage my TV won't turn on. The power comes on and the Vizio logo flashes orange/white but the TV is non responsive. I powered cycled it and that worked so I bought a UPC just in case the power goes out again. When I plugged the TV into it the same problem occured only this time power cycling had no effect.
    I bought a Vizio 0500-0407-0910 used Power Supply and installed it and that seemed to fix it. So I unplugged it to put the rear cover and stand back on. when I plugged it in the same problem recurred. So apparently unplugging the TV is what causes the problem. Which I could live with if only I could get it to come on one more time. I would just leave the back cover off and never unplug it again. There is a fuse on the Power Supply board (I marked it) and I wonder if replacing it or even just jumping it might get the TV to come once more. I attached images of the Power Supply board and the Main Board.
    Attached Files

Re: VIZIO SV422XVT TV won't turn on.

If yourn TV is powering ON then the fuse is not an issue. However, if you are not powering ON and the fuse is open then there is ashort cct somewhere. So if the fuse is 'good' I won't recommend bridging it with a piece of wire. Perhaps unpluging the Pwr Bd and leavint it to rest for 10mins then replug everything and then plug into the AC and see what happens.

Comment

Re: VIZIO SV422XVT TV won't turn on.

Originally posted by Andrew F. Ali View Post
      If yourn TV is powering ON then the fuse is not an issue. However, if you are not powering ON and the fuse is open then there is ashort cct somewhere. So if the fuse is 'good' I won't recommend bridging it with a piece of wire. Perhaps unpluging the Pwr Bd and leavint it to rest for 10mins then replug everything and then plug into the AC and see what happens.
      I was about to do like you said with the power board and thought I'd try plugging it in again first. To my amazement it came on and is working fine now. I don't dare unplug it so I can put the rear panel back on though. If I leave the cover off will that cause a problem?
      Thank you for the information about the fuse too. I didn't realize that the Vizio logo lighting up was an indication the fuse was not blown.

Comment

Working...
      X