Tc-p54g20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tc-p54g20

I got a Panny 54" tv. The P board is faulty. I'm getting 4 blink code. The guy thought he could fix it. He bought a P board from myshoptvs, whom I've never heard of. Says ok on the board. I know it's not ok. I'm getting 85v on a heat sink. Ya it hurt. Should a source on a mosfet be shorted to the heatsink? I'm thinking not since I get 85v from the heatsink to ground. The part of the P board is ETX2MM807ASH. The part number on the mosfet is MIP3E5MY. Man my finger hurts.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dcapper; 05-17-2014, 02:14 PM.

Re: Tc-p54g20

Getting voltage on primary heatsinks is normal.

4 blinks is typically an SC or SS board fault on these - isolate the SC and SS board. If you get a 6, 7 or 8 blink code you know it is an SC or SS fault.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Heya Tom,

Well I'll be. I finally got voltage on P2 and P11. I hooked up P35 a and P6 and I get a steady voltage out. I have been testing it with just P7 hooked up. Apparently I can't do that.

What would cause the voltage to turn off after a few seconds with the SN and SC boards disconnected? A fail safe? I did power it up with everything on and the SC board smoked.
      Last edited by dcapper; 05-17-2014, 02:31 PM.

Comment

It will power off with SC (or SN) / SS out because of the SOS6-7-8 trip. With no power the boards will fire off a few error codes causing your problem.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

It's a 12th gen G20 series FHD with a SOS 4, PSU did not fix and a smoking gun, I mean smoking TNPA5081 Sc board.

Comment

I followed another thread about the TNPA5081 SC board. I have shorts all over mine. I am going to replace it rather than try to fix it. I watched smoke come out of it, so I know it's toast.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
              It's a 12th gen G20 series FHD with a SOS 4, PSU did not fix and a smoking gun, I mean smoking TNPA5081 Sc board.
              Hehe. I thought for sure it was the PS. But wow there is a lot of threads of the TNPA5081. I'm going to suck it up and drop $150 on another one. Looks like the repair kit doesn't always fix it. Anyway I can get the voltage to stay on so I can adjust the levels?

Comment

That's a shame, they're getting fairly scarce and expensive.

Comment

That's a shame, they're getting fairly scarce and expensive.
                  Tell me about it. Would the SC taken out any of the buffer boards?

Comment

Originally posted by dcapper View Post
                    Hehe. I thought for sure it was the PS. But wow there is a lot of threads of the TNPA5081. I'm going to suck it up and drop $150 on another one. Looks like the repair kit doesn't always fix it. Anyway I can get the voltage to stay on so I can adjust the levels?
                    IF you add a schmitt inverter IC IC773 and the 30F125 IGBTs to the kit , good chance it will fix. BREGVA just recovered from an insufficient SJ kit and got his first SC to work. He had already tried with another and failed.

Lucky he remembered my post and realised before he powered it up and found he had missed the shorted 30F125 transistors and fitted a new TC7SH14F neither are included, but both fail. Definitely the IC. Finding shorted IGBTs is a no brainer, that's the easy bit.

Not sure how you'll go now , getting it to smoke.
                    Last edited by tw2005; 05-17-2014, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Tell me about it. Would the SC taken out any of the buffer boards?
                      You need to check these anyway, in the repair thread near the last few pages there is a 12th gen G20 series Guide with table in it for resistance checkpoints.

I have had one with shorted upper and lower buffers which took out a new SC.

Comment

I just metered SD41, SD42, and SD46 to the ribbon connectors on both buffer boards. I have no shorts at all.

Comment

Probably ok, but follow the procedure in the guide. They go short on the input side to gnd. 5V line can short on these too. All the info is in the thread, your call.

Comment

Probably ok, but follow the procedure in the guide. They go short on the input side to gnd. 5V line can short on these too. All the info is in the thread, your call.
                            Can you post the thread please?

Comment

Panasonic sc tnpa5081 rebuild

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=26322&page=11

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=vfo&page=3
                              post 58, a table I did from my good boards before we found the guide.

Turned out to be fairly accurate too which I was glad about.

Comment

Well I got the board back from Moduslink and it was a really nice job. The tv fires up normal but up close I can see lots of green pixels. There is 9000 hours on the tv, so I thought it shouldn't do that. But since there is no voltage adjustments on the boards I'm at a loss. I have 194v leaving the power supply. I'm assuming that is correct since there is no sticker to tell me different on the panel and the service manual doesn't say. Has anyone gone through the service menu and played with settings? I don't want to screw the tv up. It says to put the Vsus on high. I did that and no change. What I find funny is when I'm in the service menu the picture in the background is fine. When I leave I get the green dots, so I know it's fixable. Any ideas?

Comment

All I can tell you is my 50" runs Vsus at 203-204V. At 9000hrs I guess bad caps are a possibility but I'm yet to have an issue with panasonic panel. I think only my PZ800 is close to that in time. Others are sub 5000 hrs.

There's nothing in the service menu I know of except Vsus High/Low.

Most likely a trim adjustment on the PSU for Vsus , probably would not touch any others, Tom may know more with voltage levels, I've never really had the need to change any.

Only a P42X20 I fidddled to see what would happen but that has a much bigger issue.

Comment

You are so helpful. I'll adjust the power supply voltage a little. I find it odd that when I'm in service mode, the green dots are gone. I thought you could adjust the picture in service mode?

Comment

You are so helpful. I'll adjust the power supply voltage a little. I find it odd that when I'm in service mode, the green dots are gone. I thought you could adjust the picture in service mode?
                                      I really don't know to be honest. Post a pic and maybe someone may recognise the problem. I guess you have tried AGING in service mode and cycled through the patterns?

What happens there?

Is this the only G20 series you have? swap the A board?

Comment

Don't have any other boards TW. But I noticed something. The dots are only noticeable when my face is almost in the screen. Maybe its supposed to be there? I watched it for an hour last night about 6 feet away and it looked fine.

Comment

Working...
                                        X