HP F2105 Shuts off - related to brightness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP F2105 Shuts off - related to brightness

My HP F2105 can be forced to shut off by adjusting the brightness. The screen will flicker for about 15 seconds and then shuts off with the power light remaining blue. However, if I adjust the brightness above 92% it will remain on and operate flawlessly.

I just finished recapping all of the boards and I have the same effect. Any suggestions for troubleshooting next steps?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by freelander; 09-17-2011, 12:14 PM.

Re: HP F2105 Shuts off - related to brightness

Aged CCFLs most likely. You will need to replace the lamps.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

The top set of lamps seem to sweat around the end where the white leads are soldered to the tubes .
      I have had 2 of these and both had the same symptom

Comment

thanks...I couldn't find any sweat but it does make sense that the lamps are aged. I'm going to leave the brightness cranked for now and order replacements.

Comment

try this i fixed a cutomers this way, once its on unplug the power button board while its on if it stays on its the button board i was able to take the button apart clean it and put it back together worked perfect also this monitor had bad 470 uf caps on power board i replaced the 4 but this was not what was stopping it from staying on it was the silly power button lol

Comment

Working...
          X