This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I'm here for help fixing my tv, and it looks like this site will be a lot of help.

Comment

Gyday Bad Cappers
      A formal introduction from myself as per forum educate

Im from the west coast of Australia and found my way here trying my hand at fixing an LCD TV. (thats another story)

As a meat worker of 25 years you could only assume that I will need to be spoon fed throughout most of my queries and that I wouldn't and shouldn't advise anyone on anything to do with electricity except maybe "put your rubber boots on"

I have a very OCD/pedantic nature and have always steered clear of electronics as I know how complicated it can get but for the last month or so iv been off work and to keep the boredom at bay Iv pulled an LCD TV off the side of the road (curbside collecting) and thought Id try my hand at fixing it.

Rather than rushing in and blasting out silly questions about my fix I have been studying my problem in depth and going through allot of posts. During my lurking process I have found that I am actually learning things I wouldn't have thought possible (for myself). and that the forum seems to be full of wonderful, nice, happy to help members.

Anyhows, a big Ayup from WA to all you Mad Cappers

c u in this thread if my brain starts hurting to bad lol ---> https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...-00155a&page=6

Comment

Hey everyone! I'm a mechanical engineer with a strong mechanical aptitude. Electronics...not so much. I found this site looking for ideas how i might fix my Samsung LN46A530. Looks like a wealth of great information! Hopefully the experts on this site can enlighten me on electronics!

Comment

hello new here trying to find info on repairing my lg 42pt350

Comment

Hello Hello, I Danny... a backyard tech who's comfortable in most basic and semi- novice electrical repairs in South West FLorida. Just looking to gain and share info and know how with like minded, greater, or less educated individuals... Scientists share knowledge... so should we!

Comment

Hi my name is Josh i'm 28 from Kansas city Missouri. I have found this site to be very helpful.

Comment

hi guys, im new here and my search from google lead me here, i was wondering if i could find info how i can fix my HG281D
                the problem is with power switch
                at first i had to press couple times to turn it on
                then as days go by it gets worst and worst until it takes an amount of time to keep pressing it to get it turn on..
                what i do is i let my computer screen go to sleep.. once no display shows up i turn it off.. then i quickly turn it off to go on sleep mode (orange light) then leave it.. i cannot turn it off once i turn off for a day it will have hard time turning it on.. but if its been on for a long time.. i turn it off it turns on fine.. but if if it was turned off for a long time the next day it will be night mare turning it on.. probably a a good 3 -5 minutes of presses! and it will eventually turn on..

i already tried replacing the switch panel but its still the same???

Comment

reizal, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                  Your account must be activated. Have you activated your account by clicking the link in the email that was sent to you when you created the account?
                  If you're a new member, have you read the welcome PM outlining how to create your first new thread?

why?
                  Hidup yang benar2 membosankan.. hek that bak mita peng

Comment

hi, my name is reizal, please active my account, i can edit my profil :'(
                    Hidup yang benar2 membosankan.. hek that bak mita peng

Comment

Hi guys
                      Just another one dropping in,
                      My name is Toby Eriksson, I'm from Sweden, been studying computer communication in my younger days.

Hope to get some help with problems which I'm currently having and hopefully able to help some of you guys out in the future.

See u around

Comment

Hey there guys, I'm trying to learn something new, because local technicians are not reliable.

Comment

hello nice forum

Comment

Hell badcaps
                            That me and i need bit help of u lot

Thanks

Comment

Hi, just a quick intro:
                              learned about computers with commoder 64, then the first days of intel 44MHz with turbo switches
                              33 years old, working in embedded industry, programming, making pcb's and replacing caps on MB's and PS for a while now

Oh yeah, my name is Milos from Sovenia

Comment

My name is George. I do not use the computer much anymore. I have some schooling and some experience in engineering but have not worked since being disabled 7 years ago. I was given a Samsung LN 46A550P3F and told it had a bad switch. I think it has a bad power Supply but was looking for some pointers or schematics so I do not waste a lot of time. thanks in advance
                                George

Comment

Hello,

My name is Chris, long time lurker; absorbing knowledge from the forum and members with similar projects to work on. Now I need some help for my own post!

Comment

Hello. My name's Jeremy. I'm 33 and from the Charlotte, NC area. This site came up in some of my google searches and was recommended to me by brother. Recently had a TV freak out and hoping to be able to troubleshoot the issues with the help of the forum!

Comment

Hello,
                                      New member from Sweden. Been around as guest for a while now, got very good informations and seems its time to start sharing, helping and asking for help if its ok.

Comment

Hello! My name is Nick, I'm 32 and live in Chicago, IL.

I found this sight after searching for the symptoms I am seeing with my Samsung Plasma TV. Everyone here seems really bright and friendly, so I thought I'd join.

Sadly my TV doesn't have the obvious blown out caps, but hopefully with the knowledge on this board, I'll be able to figure it out.

Thank you to everyone who has already posted a wealth of information. I've learned a ton already, and am sure I'll learn a lot more.

Comment

Hi i'm truphat625 (tru for short)....i'm from richmond, va. I found this thread because I have 2 LG tvs that have bad caps and are in need of replacing. I would like to UPGRADE the 42LC7D & 32LC7D with better caps and whatever else so I don't have to go through this again! UGH!!!....LOL

Comment

Working...
                                          X