SHARP AQUOS 60" Won't Power On - LC-60LE810UN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHARP AQUOS 60" Won't Power On - LC-60LE810UN

Trying to fix this big 60" LCD TV. It won't power on and just blinks blue on the front. No clicking or anything, doesn't turn on at all. Where do I start with this one? Any help is much appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kburks1230; 11-07-2014, 06:45 PM.

Re: SHARP AQUOS 60" Won't Power On - LC-60LE810UN

Power board pic
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kburks1230; 11-07-2014, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Board 2 pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Board 3 pic
        Attached Files

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...4&d=1415407912
          OK, on the right side of the board, there white connectors with labels next to them, you will have to take the DC voltage readings on each pin when the TV is off and when the TV is on.
          Make sure to give us all the information:
          I.E.
          CN 11111:
          PIN 1, PS_ON, TV OFF= XXX V, TV ON = XX V
          PIN 2, ????, ??????, ????
          Just remember that we do not have the TV in front of us, so you have to give us all the details as if we have the boards in our hands to look at.
          Last edited by budm; 11-07-2014, 07:53 PM.
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

The service manual can be found here. You have to give the page a minute to load then a small get manual link will appear.

It sounds as if you have standby voltage and the main board is attempting to turn on the set. It may be erroring out because of trouble with the backlight or power board. Sharp sets seem to predominately have backlight trouble. Do you have sound on any input? Or does the set not boot fully?
            Last edited by Caleb; 11-07-2014, 07:56 PM.
            Liberating magic smoke one part at a time

Comment

Originally posted by Caleb View Post
              The service manual can be found here. You have to give the page a minute to load then a small get manual link will appear.

It sounds as if you have standby voltage and the main board is attempting to turn on the set. It may be erroring out because of trouble with the backlight or power board. Sharp sets seem to predominately have backlight trouble. Do you have sound on any input? Or does the set not boot fully?
              There is no sound or anything. It doesn't seem to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by kburks1230 View Post
                just blinks blue on the front.
                If it just blinks steadily, it's possible that it simply always fails to detect a valid video input signal and thus stays in standby.

Does it even look like it's blinking a code to you?
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

PD (bottom right of power board)
                  pins 1-10 are 0v
                  11 - 4.9v
                  12 - .12v

LB
                  All 9 pins 0v

L2 & L1
                  All 4 pins 0v

Those are the 4 white connections from bottom up on the right side of the power board. I can't get the tv to turn on to get ON voltages.

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                    https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...4&d=1415407912
                    OK, on the right side of the board, there white connectors with labels next to them, you will have to take the DC voltage readings on each pin when the TV is off and when the TV is on.
                    Make sure to give us all the information:
                    I.E.
                    CN 11111:
                    PIN 1, PS_ON, TV OFF= XXX V, TV ON = XX V
                    PIN 2, ????, ??????, ????
                    Just remember that we do not have the TV in front of us, so you have to give us all the details as if we have the boards in our hands to look at.
                    PD (bottom right of power board)
                    pins 1-10 are 0v
                    11 - 4.9v
                    12 - .12v

LB
                    All 9 pins 0v

L2 & L1
                    All 4 pins 0v

Those are the 4 white connections from bottom up on the right side of the power board. I can't get the tv to turn on to get ON voltages.

Comment

The logo LED blinks one time slowly then one time quickly.

Comment

I have an update. I pushed the vol down, input and power, it took 5 seconds and the logo went solid, then after a few seconds the backlights flickered once briefly and the 1-1 blink started again.

Comment

Any ideas? Should I try to take voltages in the time the TV is trying to power on after pressing the vol- input power buttons?

Comment

Are the inverters on these PSU boards repairable? Which components typically go bad on the inverter? I've dead it's a common failure on these units.

Comment

It's usually the LED strip (inside the panel) rather than the driver (inverter) that fails.
                              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                                It's usually the LED strip (inside the panel) rather than the driver (inverter) that fails.
                                Is there a procedure to test for shorted or open LEDs without removing the panel?

Comment

Only possible if you have access to a high-voltage current-limited power supply.
                                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok, Thanks Tom . Looks like I'll need to check the LED strips. I have the TV on the stand now with the back off. Do I have to completely remove the panel via the backed the TV or do I leave it assembled in the back and go in through the front by removing the trim? Anyone familiar with the steps of disassembly to access the LED strips I don't see it clearly in the service manual. The YouTube video I found starts out with the strips exposed already.

Comment

The whole panel comes apart - this means the extremely delicate LCD panel has to be removed too. It is difficult enough to do it on a 40" set. I can't even imagine doing it on a 60" set. Good luck.

Comment

Definitely, you need room and a helper.
                                        Try not to touch the inside part of the panel, use gloves. Make sure, when you put it all together, that everything is super clean, because it will show. Even the diffuser sheets and everything has to be without dust particles, or finger marks.

Comment

Working...
                                        X