Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung LE26A457C1D Power problem, It Banged

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    Ideally, yes. Then check on 2000 ohms between each pair of legs both forwards and backwards.
    dp802 495 with left leg + --- 0 with right leg +

QP801S left leg + reads 010 when either other 2 legs negative
    centre leg + reads 010 when left leg negative and 0 when right leg negative
    right leg + reads 010 when left leg negative and 0 when centre leg negative

going onto other 2 in a sec

Comment

QM801 left leg + gave 0 when both other legs negative
      centre leg + gave 0 left leg negative 590 right leg negative
      right leg + gave 0 centre leg negative 777 right leg negative

Comment

QM802 left leg + gave 0 when both other legs negative
        centre leg + gave 0 left leg negative and 582 right leg negative
        right leg + gave 0 left leg negative and 827 centre leg negative

Comment

Looks like several bad FETs, really unusual!
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
            Looks like several bad FETs, really unusual!
            Lol, so do all 4 look like there caput?

Ive just burned me thumb loads getting them out and putting them back in lmao

Comment

I was looking at an alternative power board as a new one of these is not far off £80 new including postage, but the new one lists a couple of board numbers that my current board can be used in place of one being BN4400209A and is 30 quid inc postage, would a different one work? does look like same connectors

Comment

Well i started pricing up the mosfets and with the first two i checked being in a pack of 5 at a time it was looking at over £10 for the first two, then i lost interest thinking the other two were probably similar in price with no guarantee that something else might be caput on the board and just turn into a spiralling repair cost.

As last night i saw the BN4400209A board number listed with my BN44-00214A board number, they both have a different layout but i got the circuit plan sheet and the outputs from the pinouts are a direct match for voltages and signals, is it safe to assume this alternative cheaper board will be a good retrofit?

Comment

Should be - if: it's for 26" or larger, and dimensions will fit.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

looking at the ebay link you posted yes should be fine.

Comment

Thanks for all help on this so far, this power board has been a bit of a human back end to me, hopefully when i order the alternative board it brings it back to life Thanks everyone

Comment

hi!
                        i'm new to this forum without any expertise on the electronics field..but i have a natural quriosity on the pc and electronics.
                        i think this thread will cover my problem so i don't open a new one.i'm sorry for my bad english i'm greek and i'm rusty on the language.
                        well there is my story:
                        my mother in law has this 32'' samsung with the on-off problem. the tv was playing for several days and she didn;t switch it off because she was afraid it won't power up again.
                        so i said to her why not, I CAN FIX IT!
                        prior to this i had seen some youtube videos doing recap on samsung tv so i said i will do this and the tv will work!
                        i did the recap and i forgot one cut cap leg shorting a fet.
                        i pluged it in and the thermistor went on fire!!the fuse died too.
                        i somehow managed to burn my 10 $ multimeter too! it wouldn't read volts on anything.
                        then i bought a new expensive multimeter and i found that there where some diodes burn and some fets. i changed the fuse and the thermistor i pluged it and the tv started playing normally!
                        i screwed the back cover and lighted it on for another check. then it started smoking..
                        i unpluged it and then, once again i pulled of the power supply from the tv. i searched for visual signs of burn but there was nothing. i pluged it again with no ribbon on it and it didnt smoke.
                        then i connected the main board and it started smoking from the fets that are near the plug going to the mainboard.
                        i unplugged the main board and inverter and with the power on the supply i started measuring the volts that it was sending to mainboard and inverter
                        the first measurings made me thing that i blew my new multimeter again! with the black probe on several grounds on the ps board and the red on all the output pins i red 0,01-0,5 volts!
                        after an hour break to clean my head and calm my nerves i repeated the measuring on the ps's output pins to see in my surprise on every 12v and 5v and 24v pin - 60.something volts!
                        needless to say that in my attempts to she what was wrong i accidentally lifted one or two lines from the pcb but i jumpered on other points.
                        my mother in law is a tv freak and she's stuck with an old 14'' tv and keeps on asking when the tv will be fixed.
                        do you thing i should try to fix this ps board/ buy a new one [s or even buy a new tv to my mother in law and admit to my self that there are thing that i can and things that i can't do?
                        sorry for the length of the message..
                        thank you in advance!

Comment

clear pictures of the trace damage on the psu will help us you have probably jumpered one of the broken/lifted traces wrong is there a model number on the psu?

Comment

the model is bn44-00214a
                            and here are some pictures

Last edited by ntsioupl; 11-08-2014, 08:27 PM.

Comment

anyone please?

Comment

ok. i totally give up. i will buy a new one psu.
                                just one question. i found from a local store the bn44-00155a from a broken lcd for just 30 euro
                                the thing is that it has reversed the outs for the main board and the inverter board in comparison with the bn44-00214a that i'm replacing.
                                i thing that if the orientation is the only problem and i fasten it upside down it will fit.
                                can anyone confirm this?

Comment

I just repaired this tv by replacing the 222k 1kv sm small cap by the big blue cap, and replaced the jumper next to it, as well as the other blue cap ( i dont remember the numbers on it but its circled in the picture ) And the tv is back to life now. Pretty easy fix for me this time.

Attached an image of replaced components.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                  X