• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 50" LG Plasma-couple of (hopefully minor) problems

thnx ive seen kit & will give it a go
    many thnx

Comment

Hi if you get the kit with the surface mount capacitors that are for the control board I would not change them. Having done a few TV's with this problem I just change the parts for the zsus board.

Comment

my board no are ysus ebr55360701 ctrl ebr54863601 model lg50ps3000zb
        are the parts the same in kit for 50ps3000 & za ??
        if not do you know were i can get correct kit?
        thnx

Comment

my cockup lol zsus board is correct no as in kit cntrl dif so i dont need to change caps? not at 1st anyway?
          thnx

Comment

Parts in kit would be the same. I have found the control board to be ok so never changed the caps that comes in the kit.

Comment

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/281287340985 is what I would get. Only 8 parts to change. The same model of TVs that don't switch on are usually the same parts that need changed.

Comment

People are saying replace the caps on the control board as it may be causing failures of the Z-sustains.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I did try replace some caps on one board once and made the picture go all blocky. I have repaired 5 zsus boards since then and all are still working fine. Some were the red mist others were when the TV just clicked and didn't come on. Same parts replaced that caused both problems.

Comment

Originally posted by daphney View Post
                    hi i have just collected same tv with what looks like similar fault
                    see pics i hope they are clear enuff & wait to hear what you recommend
                    thnx as always
                    Hi all, my tv has this problem. Did you solve it? What was the problem.
                    Thanks

Comment

hi yes solved bought full kit didnt solder in caps tho & works great
                      try it

Comment

OK FOR Plasma TVs that Get Snow, or Like Shimmering Pixels uniformly per entire screen depending on the color displayed. PLASMA HDTVs that Do not that have stupid japan garbage made Multi Pin Chip on the Y Sus or Z suz Board. Meaning they have Transistors Only. I found that some TVs hide the Left YSus Y-Sustain boards, (especially boards made by Samsung (and NOT LG) the little capacitors like 220 100uf, explode they bulge or the ESR gets low, which is easy to tell, because the shrink tube that is on a capacitor starts to shrink and expose the top they become bad. Specifically near and around the Y-RR Adjustment, which is also the adjustment for this kind of uniform snow. They need to be replaced, its like 4 capacitors like Philips 42PF96331D/37 had this problem, but the initial problem was 6 bad capacitors (extra large)(med) on the main board which make the TV not/ No power on. So if your getting snow, check the voltages like vs and va, if they are to spec, then look on the ysus, if its a better style which has transistors, the caps on that board the small caps, are crap, and if that does not fully fix it, try adjusting the Y-RR on the Y Sus, (make sure you mark with a sharpie where you started. But its lack of electrolytic fluid. I notice that some capacitors have been 1 size for 30 years all of a sudden they become half the size, replace those, as they are china made garbage. Samsung makes 470uf 220Uf 100Uf 330Uf 2200 and 1000 and 1500 WAY TOO SMALL. I look at Rubicons they never make garbage like that so if its half the size of a newer Rubicon and it looks like the plastic shrunk around it, its usually garbage. Alot are Low ESR to began with so the ESR test is totally Useless, i stopped doing it, it makes no sense as the sizes vary so MUCH that you should really just measure the UF and if its exact within 5% its a good capacitor.

Comment

Working...
                        X