50" LG Plasma-couple of (hopefully minor) problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 50" LG Plasma-couple of (hopefully minor) problems

Ok so I've confirmed that the Vsc is supposed to be +140 and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or I've tested it wrong but the Vsc currently reads 27.9 and the maximum adjustment that I can make only takes it up to 34.4.

Am I testing it wrong (bearing in mind this is all new to me, so this seems likely)? or is the Vsc resistor faulty?
    Attached Files

Comment

Nope... it sounds like something on the Y-sus is faulty. Do you want to chase the fault down or simply swap the board?
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Oh and thanks for taking the time to go through this with me, I imagine it's quite tedious for you, though I'm actually really quite enjoying it

Comment

I'm happy to chase the fault down but not sure how?
          Last edited by d-animator; 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

The problem is really quite bearable but I'm worried that it may get worse and also worried that if it gets worse that it will cause damage to other areas?

Comment

Depends how much it bothers you -- but the Y-sus is pretty cheap and I'm fairly sure that is the issue.
              http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...361601&_sop=15
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok thanks, I had looked at replacements, but was concerned that as I could only find 'used' boards for sale I thought there is surely the potential that it could quickly develop a fault? also I think I remember hearing that if you're going to replace the y-sus board you should also replace the upper and lower y buffer board, is that true? or is it not really essential?

Comment

I just noticed the first one is an untested one, so maybe not worth it.
                  The buffers only need to be replaced if the Y-sus has failed completely (no picture.)

Used is a bit of a misnomer. The boards are often pulled from cracked screen TVs typically damaged in transit.

Comment

Having said that there are new ones available...

Comment

Where? If they are marked as new, they are lying, unless they source directly from LG (pricey.)

Comment

Ok great I'll have a shop around, thanks for all your help!

Comment

Sorry just noticed your earlier post, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EBR5536070...item2573a8d680 it claims that it is 'new in opened packaging'.

Comment

£75 is a bit steep IMO.

Comment

'tis what I thought, the problem is bearable at the mo', I'm not in a hurry so I'll just keep my eyes open for one on the cheap. Really enjoyed tinkering about inside my t.v. think I'm going to open my 32" Bravia (LCD) tomorrow just to have a look, thanks again for all your help.

Comment

Hi there d-animator should have a spare ysus board amongst my pile of parts if you are interested, i would have to look later in the afternoon and let you know. Bought a set of boards for one once and changed all, so still got spare original boards.

Comment

Yeah that'd be great, let me know.

Comment

I do have a y board from a tv that I know is working ok. Will have to see about getting it to you now see if it fixes your problem.

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

hi i have just collected same tv with what looks like similar fault
                                        see pics i hope they are clear enuff & wait to hear what you recommend
                                        thnx as always
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks more like a Zsus fault, common problem with these, repair kit is about £20 and involves replacing about 15 parts.

Comment

Working...
                                          X