42pa30rq service manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 42pa30rq service manual

ok I found it, jumped it, removed the cable and I have nothing on the screen.

Comment

OK, so, do you have good VS and VA voltages coming out of the power supply (there are test points on it.) Should be around 200V and 55V, depending on the panel.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Ok, I found it. I jumped the connectors, removed the cable and I have nothing on the screen.

Comment

where are the test points?

Comment

I happen to have this PSU here... VA_TP is next to righthand edge of the board, as it is installed in the TV. VS_TP is near the top.
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have very low voltages on both. I am testing it with one lead grounded and the other on the test point. Set at the 200V DC setting on the meter.

Comment

This is a new main power supply board. Sent from the company and installed by a servicer. It did not fix the problem. This TV was given to me because the person bought a new one. Sorry I did not post this earlier.

Comment

OK, let's try with the Y-main disconnected. Since the X-main is chained off the Y-main, both Y-main and X-main will be disconnected. Then retest Vs/Va.

Also, I forgot to ask. Does the TV ever click its relays?

Comment

voltages are even lower with the y-main disconnected. The relays click when I plug it in, and then again when the power is turned on. They do not click randomly at all.

Comment

How should the logic board LED light look when operating properly?

Comment

The clicking on power on is normal.

What is the low voltage you are measuring? Care to share a figure?

Comment

Yes, sorry. I am getting .1 VDC at both points now.
                          The led light on logic board is on for about 5 sec and then off for about 2 and then back on for 5 and so on.

Comment

When it clicks, do the voltages rise briefly, or are they always 0.1V?

Comment

When I first plug it in I have 23 VDC at the VS and that then drops continually to the lower voltage. The VA is arount 2 volts and then drops. When I turn on the power the VS is 160 VDC and then drops the whole way down and the VA is 11VDC and then drops.

Comment

I have to leave the shop for a bit. any more help you can give me is greatly appreciated. I will try to get back on later this afternoon.
                                Thanks.

Comment

I have heard 5-2 blinks is DRV RESET which may indicate a bad Y-main.

There is a 6 pin connector going to the control board from the PSU.

Pin 6 is VS-ON, pin 5 is PS-ON.

Disconnect PSU->main board cable.

Disconnect Y-Main.

Connect VS-ON to GND, PS-ON to GND.

Do you see Vs/Va?

Comment

I'm not getting any voltage when I did this.

Comment

Do the relays click?
                                      Can you try with the original PSU?

Comment

relays click when first plugged in. Not when I turn it on though. I get the same result with the original board.
                                        I feel from what I'm seeing and what I've read on other posts with similar TV that it is the Y Board. It is a cheap board and I think I'm going to order it and see what happens.

Comment

That would be my idea. Though the X main is also a common failure. I've replaced the X-main once on the PS42B450 and on the PS43D450, both of which are very similar.

Comment

Working...
                                          X