buying boards for TVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying boards for TVs

greetings. I am in the process of sourcing a board for my LG 50" plasma, and I have a question regarding part numbers. This board, the main, has 3 numbers - two labels and one masked. When I do the search I find that sometimes one may be correct but not another. For example, the EBR number may match, but not the EBT or EAX numbers (or some other combination - which leads to a large number of possible variations).
    The question, then, is which numbers matter, and which don't? Do I need to match all three? Are certain numbers critical and others simply workable/swappable variants? Is there even a generalizable answer to this question, or do I need to check every variant individually?
    This particular board seems hard to find, so I hope I don't have to match all three.
    A related question: is there a list of sources for boards/parts that has been found by people's experience to be reputable/reliable? The only places that I have found this board are sources with a pretty crappy web sites, with little or no info on where the parts came from, whether tested, returns, etc.. Makes me pretty nervous. Fortunately, I'm not in a big hurry for the part.
    Any thoughts or help is greatly appreciated.
    Mark

Re: buying boards for TVs

What part are you looking for? ( number on the board )

Would be easier to help
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

LG 50PA4500-UF main board. EBR79463801; EBT62150101; EAX64280507(1.0)

Thanks

Comment

There is a sticker on that board and on that sticker it will say for example " EBT61875108 " , thats the board that you need.

Why it says EBR/EBT/EAX i dont know but if you want to go for save then you must go for the number thats on your sticker.
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Also , the differences are probably the screen size and a extra USB port. For example 1 board only works in 42" inch tv's or 50" tv's. ( Probably all work but need changing in the service menu ).

Did you try Ebay?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EBT61855005-...item3a99b9592d

You could visually compare your board with the one on this link. IF you search then use EAX64280507

Comment

Thanks. I'll check out the match visually when I get home tonight.

On my board there are two stickers (EBR and EBT numbers) and one masked number(EAX). That's why there are 3 numbers. Sellers seem to use any one or two of the three in their postings - I've seen all of them, but not all three matching my numbers on one board. Also, the fact that I have two stickers makes the 'sticker' rule ambiguous. That's why I'm confused.

I just noticed that shopjimmy has a part number identification video on their parts pages. This is pretty helpful. I think they're saying about the same thing as you, plus some other good info.

Comment

Working...
            X