Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philips 50pf7521d

Bought this on eBay locally for £10
    In the description it appeared to have a pink screen with some black blobs either side of it (I've attached a photo of said blobs)
    Took it home and tried to turn it on and nothing, heard a relay click but nothing at the front
    Removed the back panel
    Green LED's on the power supply come on but there is a constant flashing of another green LED on the circuit board directly underneath it (indicating a fault perhaps?)
    I read somewhere about the C8059 and C8060 caps on the power supply perhaps being at fault so I took it to work and replaced them with some new 25V caps
    After reassembly it now turns on but I'm still left with a screen that is half pink and half blue
    I've circled the LED that is constantly flashing
    Any advice would be much appreciated, I have a digital multimeter just unsure on where to test etc
    Thanks for your time
    Attached Files

Re: Philips 50pf7521d

You will need to check your voltages on each board Ysus,Xmain and Power supply. There is a sticker inside the panel telling you these voltages.

Can you post it please?

Comment

Is this what you're referring to?
      Attached Files

Comment

Yes, VA/VS are going to have test points on your power supply, VSC will be on your Ysus the board to your left and VE will be on your Xmain the board on your right.

test these voltages and report back, they should match the sticker with in a couple of volts if they are WAY off then you have a possible short.

Be very careful when probing around high voltage possible injury or further damage.

To me it looks like the Xmain has failed but lets run the ropes and see.

Comment

Unfortunately I shorted out VE and ground
          The unit seemed to power down and all the LED's come on as before as does the screen itself I just cant seem to get a reading from any of the test points now, they show some readings but they jump around and are negligable.
          What possible damage could I have caused? I'll have another go at it tomorrow, it's probably wise to get some sleep before I wreck it

Comment

Still can't seem to get any readings from it..
            Now the power supply turns on, relay clicks as before, but now after approximately 7 seconds it turns itself off and the green LED's shut off

I think last nights testing efforts made it a whole lot worse

Comment

Sounds like you might have shorted out a sustain board, the plugs to the x and y boards and see if your SMPS a stays up and running.

Comment

Originally posted by StevoPasto View Post
                The unit seemed to power down and all the LED's come on as before as does the screen itself I just cant seem to get a reading from any of the test points now, they show some readings but they jump around and are negligable.
                What possible damage could I have caused? I'll have another go at it tomorrow, it's probably wise to get some sleep before I wreck it
                Are you sure you didn't just blow a fuse in your multimeter? I assume you had the probes in current rather than voltage/resistance measurement.

Comment

If your screen comes on then your meter is hit.

Comment

Working...
                  X