42lg3000-za No Picture but got sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 42lg3000-za No Picture but got sound

The fuses on the master & slave inverters are ok, the same as touching the two probes together.

Comment

I did try taking new pictures outdoors but thing even worst.

the camera is a vivitar vivicam 7025 ( a waste of money )

Outdoor shots
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jahson; 06-02-2012, 11:54 AM.

Comment

in above pics number 1 by the two yellow toped transformers there are some orange items i think these are some type of fuses cant zoom in on the pics to read board part numbers but if these items start with a f number test all of these items 11 i think
        better pictures will help us all.

Comment

Yea i see them, part numbers first been under left most transformer

fb603 ,fb606 ,fb604, fb605, fb607, fb608

then under the heatsink in the middle fb101, then to the right next to the other transormer fb502,

in the center of board fb500,

bottom left hand side fb102, fb105, fb104, fb103,

then to the very far right next to were the writing is about input-output is fb203.

Comment

My suggestion would be an old Nikon Coolpix or Canon Powershot, I got my Coolpix for £35 and it takes superb macro photos of PCBs.

But anyway I can see one fuse, it's the white object next to the power connector on the inverter board, what does this measure at? (On 200 ohms.)
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Those orange objects are ferrite beads not fuses. They are used to suppress interference generated by some parts of the board. Unlikely to be the fault. If you want, check them all for ohms, they should measure the same as touching probes together.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

All checked all ok

Comment

cheers tom i always wondered what the orange items were so am i rigt in thinking f on a board item fuse fb ferrite bead? and i also have just got a nikon coolpix camera of ebay £15.00 good bargain takes great pics.
                  Last edited by vinceroger69; 06-02-2012, 12:26 PM.

Comment

On the inverter boards master is part number f2 its ok reads same as touching both probes together 00.3, slave is part number f200 also the same reading.

Comment

Those fb's (ferrite beads) read same as touching probes

Comment

Are you getting good 24V to the inverters? Test with one end on the fuse (either end) and one end on the case, set meter to 200V DC.

Comment

wrong post ignore please

Comment

Also found 2 more marked fb just above the fuse in the middle of board black looking, fb501, fb505, they both ok.

Comment

Do you want me to connect all the boards back up to tv, and check. Or just the powerboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahson View Post
                                Do you want me to connect all the boards back up to tv, and check. Or just the powerboard.
                                Connect everything up like the TV would be normally and check. Certain LG TVs (and in general those using the LG.Philips display panels) of this generation have a problem with the inverter driver IC failing. If you have good 24V it could be this IC which has failed.

Comment

yea master & slave inverters getting 24v, on pins 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

Comment

yea master & slave inverters getting 24v, on pins 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
                                    Okay you see those black two-leg plus tab devices? They look like this:
                                    http://media.digikey.com/photos/STMi...PAK,TO-252.jpg

Can you read off the part # on the device?

Comment

tom66 which board im looking for these parts on?

Comment

tom66 which board im looking for these parts on?
                                        Inverters.

Comment

ok i got dismantle, 5 mins i know from before theres like 8 on each, but its somthing like 150 on 4 of them, & 250 on the other 4. i dismantle now.

Comment

Working...
                                          X