Bad CapXon KF series in OCZ 750W PSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad CapXon KF series in OCZ 750W PSU

As the title states I have an OCZ PSU which is not working due to what I suspect are some bad CapXon capacitors. This unit came from my home server which I had not turned on for roughly a year now (though it did work just fine when I shut it down last). Cleaned out all the dust and whatnot inside and went to turn it on, nothing, spent about an hour removing everything to bench test, nothing. Looked through the PSU fan grill and sure enough the one capacitor I can see has some yellow crust on top. Crap, just wasted an hour.

Anyway, strip it apart to find that there are a few capacitors swollen or with yellow crust on top, all of which are CapXon 2200 microfarad 6.3V capacitors.

Relevent specs pulled from CapXon spec sheet are as follows

Capacitance: 2200uF
    Voltage: 6.3V
    Size: 10x25mm
    Ripple: 1470 mA, RMS @105C 100kHz
    Impedance: 0.95 Ohm = 95 mOhm @105C
    Lead Spacing: 5mm
    Temperature Rating: 105C

Since I cannot find an exact replacement I was wondering what I would be able to get away with. I can easily find the same Capacitance, Voltage, and size but most of the ones I find have more ripple, less impedance, or both.

Here is the actual spec sheet.

Last edited by Jensen567; 09-28-2012, 11:09 PM.

Re: Bad CapXon KF series in OCZ 750W PSU

Answered my own question thanks to this thread

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=22784

Looks like basically the same thing, only a 600W model, but it has the info I need. I shall do a search next time! Thanks for the help, glad I'm not alone in my OCZ failure.

Comment

Working...
    X