Need glue to fix broken outer casing of Supra-Aural JBL headphones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need glue to fix broken outer casing of Supra-Aural JBL headphones

I have a pair of JBL tempo on ear supra-aural headphones. The problem is the right speaker broke out of the metallic bands socket. Now I need to glue the broken pieces of the speakers socket holder. Which is the glue that will give me a strong joint.

I have attached photographs showing the headphone, the broken area and the parts that need to be glued to that broken area.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Captain Bill grace digger; 07-13-2015, 09:51 AM.

Re: Need glue to fix broken outer casing of Supra-Aural JBL headphones

list the materials you need to join.

Comment

I have now attached photographs of what needs to be joined.

I read that on ear supra-aural headphones outer casings are made of PVC plastic.

Comment

It looks like the plastic at that high-stress joint broke because it is not up to the task in the first place and gluing it back together with anything it will just break again.

Comment

It broke because I happened to press on it with my knee by mistake so my whole body weight from top till knee came on it.

Will the product in the link below be good for the job ?

http://www.tolexo.com/to-bond-standa...adhesives.html

Comment

Call JBL Customer Service. Explain you're a long-standing customer and LURVE the company's products. However, one of their products has disappointed you and you would greatly appreciate them making things right by you. The other poster was correct that the material failure occurred in a high-stress area. Even though you believe your knee was responsible, I would bet the joint had already sustained many micro-fractures. It was therefore doomed to fail sooner or later. You may have to blast through the first line of CS reps (they're hired to say "No"), but stick with it; JBL is a reputable brand and its CS folk have always been good to me (after a bit of whingeing).

If you insist on attempting to repair the set, try this stuff. I use it to repair broken pushbuttons, snapped remote control parts, and just about any other broken plastic parts. Many smart parents keep a bottle handy to repair their kids' favorite broken toys. Good luck.

Comment

Is this stuff the same (or similar) to plastic waste pipe cement? You can buy a fairly large pot cheaper.

Comment

Could be. It's marketed to hobbyists and sold through hobby stores (in addition to the usual internet suspects), so not much intersection with pipe layers. You'd have to pull the MSDS sheets for this goop as well as the PVC glue and compare them to assess similarity. Nobody tells you what's in stuff if they don't have to...

Comment

Working...
                X