Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Me Find A Replacement MOSFET

Hello,

I have an MSI P45-Neo3 with a blown Niko Semiconductor, model P45N02LDG, with some guts spewed on a nearby FPCAP. Thankfully, the failure caused the MOSFET to seperate from the tab, so I will just have to desolder the leads.

I cannot find an exact match to it. From my limited knowledge of these things, I ascertained that it's form and package type is TO-252 DPAK, two-leads one tab.

Specifications:
    VBRDSS:25
    RDS:20 milliohms
    LD:45A

I tried looking at some ST Microelectronics equivalents on Digikey, but all these numbers and abstract electrical specifications are enough to confuse anyone.

Can someone lend a hand please?
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Re: Help Me Find A Replacement MOSFET

I found something nearly equivalent:

ON SEMI NTD40N03R, but the "On Resistance RDS" is only 12 milliohms instead of the Niko's 20 milliohms. Is this a suitable replacement?
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Re: Help Me Find A Replacement MOSFET

i'd say you're good to go.

a lower Rds doesn't matter at all (it should even lower losses a bit).
      the other specs (threshold Vgs, rise time, Qgs, PD) are fine too.

make sure you get that thing soldered down well and hope the rest of the circuit is undamaged.
      "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Working...
      X