Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msi ms-6577 (hp)

Hey Guys,
    I want to replace the capacitors on this board. Most are swollen, some are leaking.
    This computer came from my son-inlaw and it took me almost 2 hrs just to clean the dust out. After I disassembled it. I'm thinking this was a major contributor the the failing capacitors.

Listed below are the capacitors I need to replace. I have already replaced 6 capacitors with Rubicon 10mm x 20mm 2200uf 6.3v. (direct size replacements)
    These are what I need and can anyone tell me what is the best brand to put in?
    8mm x 16mm - 1000uf 10v (need 5)
    8mm x 20mm - 1800uf 6.3v (need 5)
    10mm x 20mm - 2200uf 6.3v (need 8 more)

Anyone have any suggestions as to maybe I should go with a higher voltage rating? What does the uf rating have to do with? Can I go higher or lower on this?

Thanks

Re: Msi ms-6577 (hp)

Panasonic FJ / FM series
    rubycon MBZ / ZL series is gd.

you can only go higher and NOT LOWER voltage

Comment

I agree with ant3203 Never replace an electrolytic with one that has a lower voltage rating.
      the capacitance value of an electrolytic capacitor is "easy to please", and an exact uF replacement is not necessary, the uF or "microfarad" is a moderate unit of capacitance,capacitance value indicates how big an electrical charge the capacitor can store. For example, you can replace a 30 uF with a 33 uF or replace a 20 uF with a 22uF. If you can't find a close replacement...better to go with a higher uF value than a lower uF, just make sure you have room for it to fit.
      The old "rule of thumb" when replacing electrolytic capacitors is to not wander to far from the 20% tolerance of the original capacitor's farad rating.
      also badcaps sells a kit for that mobo https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=96 might be worth checking in to..
      Last edited by aftonr; 08-13-2011, 11:22 PM.
      “Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.”

Comment

Originally posted by fastvan67 View Post
        8mm x 16mm - 1000uf 10v (need 5)
        8mm x 20mm - 1800uf 6.3v (need 5)
        10mm x 20mm - 2200uf 6.3v (need 8 more)
        That's a start but need to know the make [brand] and series [model] of the old caps before the correct specs can be looked up.
        For example a ZL is no where near good enough if the old cap's grade is up around FJ or MBZ.
        Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Hey Guys! Many thanks for your input.. Looks like the kit is the way to go. I sure wish this was a model I could just toss out.. But, gotta keep it alive..

I am also going to see what brand they and series they are.

Comment

Working...
          X