• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Thank You

Comment

Hello my name is Izzy and im here to learn and maybe help a few with my knowledge, i like fixing things and work on pc and learning to work with tv.

Comment

Hi All, first off this looks like a good forum with lots of input and information. I have a LG TV that I previously replaced bad capacitors on. Now I've a similar problem with the screen going blank after a few minutes and then coming back on after about 10 but only with a scart connection. Won't come back if I have the HDMI connected.
        Hopefully I'll find the solution here.

Comment

Hi! I'm David from Hungary. I'm not really into electronics, but hope to expand my knowlede. I love fixing things, but was shy of the electronic part. Hope it changes in the future.

Comment

Hi Abs here from Birmingham,UK not Alabama. Not a techie but do enjoy opening stuff and fixing easy to fix stuff.

Comment

Years of taking apart electronics to the point where I'm now pretty good at figuring out the way cases are put together and pcbs are screwed, taped, wedged into their enclosures. I'm ready for the next step! I've never seen an obvious (black and smoking) problem that looked like something I could attack but now I'm armed with a multimeter. Look out all you dead junk lying in my cupboards.

Comment

Hi, new user here, I'm an electronics technician so I have some experience working on electronics. New to TVs, but got a free one so it looks like a fun DIY challenge!
                Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Hello, I'am André Pellerin from Victoriaville, QC, Canada and I'm happy to join you.

Comment

Hi I'm Brian from Lake Elsinore, CA. I'm an IT guy and I love fixing anything that is broken. This is my first attempt at an LCD TV though...

Comment

Hi

Comment

New Member say's hellO!

hi guys, just trying to stuff some more information into my little box.
                        i hope to learn a thing or 2, let the feed begin.

Comment

Hello guys, i'm Radu and i love everything related to DIY, especially in electronics. I learned a lot by browsing the forum but there is always room for more.

Comment

Just wanted to say Hello. Thanks for the helpful info. I'm trying to fix my Samsung LCD TV.

Comment

Just wanted to say Hello. Thanks for the helpful info. I'm trying to fix my Samsung LCD TV. I'm in the USA.

Comment

Noob message. I'm amused by some of these "first computer" posts. Mine was a TRS-80 Model 1 with a cassette tape player. Since then I've certified in many versions of Novell, UNIX and Windows. 20 year veteran from Radio Shack. Retired from them in 1999. Look what happened to them after I left. *sigh*

Comment

Hello my name is PotteryPal. New to the forum and looking to get some help getting a Pioneer Plasma TV PDP-4350SX out of standby mode, grrrr.

I hope I can get some help here.

Wish me luck!

Comment

Hi, here trying to figure out how to repair my Panasonic plasma 7 blinking lights of death. 😀

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                      Good luck and have fun.

Comment

I just want to say 'hi' to everyone there this is jay from Orlando florida. I'm hoping that someone here can help me fix my Samsung tv... =)

Comment

Thanks for allowing me to join this forum. I started in the electronics business in the late sixties as a radio/tv technician. I learned the trade in high school and soon went to work for a major corporation (that is now bankrupt) as a field engineer for the next 38 years on a very diverse variety of equipment from microfilm machines to medical imaging. The term jack of all trades , master of none certainly applies.
                                          I enjoyed my work and I miss the paycheck so I do od and end repair jobs to keep the alzheimers away. They say if you keep your mind actively learning you may be able to avoid it.
                                          I promise to help where I can and I will appreciate the advice you may give me.
                                          I love old cars and am currently restoring and touring model t fords.
                                          Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X