PLEASE HELP, how to repair burnt pad on board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE HELP, how to repair burnt pad on board

I accidently used to much heat and burnt a pad on the board I don't know how to go about fixing it I heard that you have to scrape away the coating on the trace and if the capacitor legs reach you can solder it, but I scraped at the trace and no copper appears, only beside the trace some copper appears when I scrape, maybe that's not a trace im not sure. I included and circled in the picture the problem, a capacitor supposed to go there. please help
    Attached Files

Re: PLEASE HELP, how to repair burnt pad on board

To me it looks like the + pad goes nowhere. Whats on the other side of the PCB?
    Last edited by rievax_60; 05-17-2013, 03:17 AM.

Comment

I do not see very much copper trace showing on the + side of the hole. Maybe the trace continues on the other side of the board and if so try to make shure that some solder flows to the other side of the board. The negative terminal looks ok for now.

Comment

Originally posted by rievax_60 View Post
        To me is looks like the + pad goes nowhere. Whats on the other side of the PCB?
        I just included a picture of the top side
        Attached Files

Comment

You could try spacing the new capacitor some distance above the PCB so you can solder both pads on top of the PCB. Be sure that both pads are tinned well first. The - pad on the bottom still needs to be soldered.

Comment

Originally posted by rievax_60 View Post
            You could try spacing the new capacitor some distance above the PCB so you can solder both pads on top of the PCB. Be sure that both pads are tinned well first. The - pad on the bottom still needs to be soldered.
            Ok, just the negative pad on the backside has to be soldered correct? cause the positive pad on the backside the solder wont stick.

Comment

I did not realise I was wasting my time. Looks like you've got plenty of help here in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                I did not realise I was wasting my time. Looks like you've got plenty of help here in this forum.
                Yeah my bad, I posted 2 times, your not wasting your time though, I asked you another question on the other thread. I wont double post again.

Comment

Working...
                X