Old HP Pavilion ZE100 Bios Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old HP Pavilion ZE100 Bios Update

Dont know what the deal is , but i can find this model laptop on Hp's site and shows bios, but when i try and run it says not right bios for this computer..

Fan seems to take a long time to cut on and screen will freeze from time to time..Replaced fan and processor..Hasn't froze yet but processor and heatsink still getting pretty hot..Thought the bios might have got corrupt..

Here is whats on the bios chip below

ET2B on a sticker
    Then MPF39Sf040
    70-4C-NA
    01S269-D

Re: Old HP Pavilion ZE1000 Bios Update

Is ZE1000 the exact model number? I used to use a ze1210, and its heatsink also got extremely warm. During normal use, the computer ran hot enough to smell. That laptop was also too slow to perform basic tasks.

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
      Is ZE1000 the exact model number? I used to use a ze1210, and its heatsink also got extremely warm. During normal use, the computer ran hot enough to smell. That laptop was also too slow to perform basic tasks.
      ZE 1000 is right! But i also have another old one that is the 1210 sitting beside it...All the drivers on the HP site for the 1210 were right..including the bios..Its not froze all evening since i replaced the cpu , but not sure if that will fix it or not..Im letting it run..I just fix up a few cheap laptops for kids just to get on the internet , most these kids can't afford nothing high$ , so i just put a little bigger cpu & ram in them, helps them out a good bit for what they are...Just dont understand why the bios for the 1000 says its not the right one..

Comment

Originally posted by lti View Post
        I was wrong after i looked again..Its a ZE100 series..The plastic snap in section where the on /off button is, its missing...Tryed different programs, but doesnt show model..Maby if i post a pic someone would know..Nothing on bottom except serial & series..

Comment

I've come across some really old computers that require updating the BIOS sequentially. In other words, you can't just update to the latest version, but you must update to each version before it fist. It's worth a shot...

Comment

Originally posted by colormebad View Post
            I was wrong after i looked again..Its a ZE100 series..The plastic snap in section where the on /off button is, its missing...Tryed different programs, but doesnt show model..Maby if i post a pic someone would know..Nothing on bottom except serial & series..
            Yeah, post a pic. The product # is what you need, which is different from the model #. You type the product # in at support.hp.com and it will resolve the model number for you. Look for a 6 character code on the label that's not the serial.

Comment

Re: Old HP Pavilion ZE100 Bios Update

Fixed the model No. in the title.
              sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
                Fixed the model No. in the title.

I pulled the cpu fan and got the model # on the main board...
                Its a HP Pavilion ze1110 Notebook PC, and i did mean to post ze1000 series...sorry...Anyways , made a floppy disk and got it updated..Running smooth and alot cooler..thanks

Comment

the laptop full details of board, bios, serial, etc are all on the first page of the bios.

Comment

There is an application called Speed Fan that will tell you the internal temperature of the CPU. You can watch the temperature go up and down as the fan turns on and off. If you put a fan underneath and have it run all the time then the temperature will go low enough so the internal fan wont turn on.

Comment

Working...
                    X