Hitachi P50S601 plasma tv horizontal lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hitachi P50S601 plasma tv horizontal lines

This tv originally had a power issue. The screen would come on for a few seconds and there was a vertical bar on the right side of the screen. I found the upper buffer was shorted. I replaced the board. The tv now powers up, but now it has these lines on it. Could this be a bad YSUS?
    I disconnected one buffer at a time and the lines were still there, so its not a buffer board?

Attached Files
    Last edited by tech2014; 10-19-2015, 05:37 PM.

Re: Hitachi P50S601 plasma tv horizontal lines

I would check the buffer ribbon cables are seated right.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi Tom. Thats the first thing I tried. I reseated them all a few times and no change.

Comment

That looks like a buffer issue to me. Did you get a bad buffer? Look at the ic chips to see if they are meleted or have craters in them.

Comment

The buffer ICs look good on both, no craters. If the buffer board is the wrong version, would that cause the problem. It looks exactly the same as the original one.

Comment

I have the exact same issue with the same model. The SDR-U boards were bad, replaced with brand new ones. Now it powers up, but lines. I reseated/cleaned ribbons many times. No change. Is it possible its the Y-sus?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Digglr; 03-15-2016, 06:29 PM. Reason: Adding pic

Comment

This is not the Y-main, it is buffers or connections. The cables are very hard to get seated right, so remove the ones for the part of the screen that is dodgy and try again.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                The cables are very hard to get seated right.
                Just like the RAM on socket 775 motherboards..... LOL...
                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Is there a trick to the cables? I'm definitely no expert, but have tried seating the cables about 30 different times.

Comment

Working...
                  X