This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi, i'm into electronics, and general diy - houses, cars. i'm a sw guy in my past. i'm now into learning electronics. i'm still in the beginning stages but look forward to becoming really good. self learning so it gets frustrating at times. currently want to fix my lcd tv problem it's not turning on, no 5vsb but reads 4.6 instead, will post a thread on that as soon as i am allowed to. found this site through google search on lcd tv diagnostic. look forward to spending time here. happy learning!

Comment

Hello, my name is Elvin from Italy and work as hardware repair on pure electronics, hope to find a new home here and try to get/give help.

Peace

Elvin

Comment

Hi everyone,
        Registered a while back after being a lurker for a while.
        No professional, but I have a reasonable amount of knowledge & always want to know more
        Fixed a few amps & TV's for family & friends in the past
        No doubt I'll be looking for some advise from those more knowledgeable sooner rather than later.
        Bye for now
        juni0r123

Comment

Hello all,

My name is Jack.I found this site while trying fix problem on Dell Latitude E7240
          Looking forward to talking to all of you.

Comment

Hi!
            I am service engineer at small company. I"m repair PC"s and notebooks. Excuse me because I speak english not very well. But I will raise my level!
            Now I have a question about Pavilion DV7.
            Success for all!

Comment

Hello to all.

Comment

Hi,
                Found this site in researching problems with a friend's Panasonic plasma TV.
                Late '40's and not really electronically trained, but willing to learn....

Comment

Rod30

I have been doing computer and monitor repair for several years and now am doing some TV's also. Currently have several apart and am waiting on parts. I found this web site and it looks like it may be a big help to me as well as I hope I can assist others.

Comment

Hi, my name is James but I go by drkthundr in the group. I've always from a young age been a person who wanted to see how things worked especially electrical things. Growing up I would watch my dad trying to fix old tube type TVs trying to make them work and I'm not sure he ever did but I caught the bug. As a teenager I got good at taking somethings not to complicated apart and fixing them. After high school I join the Army and became a tank turret repairman where I got a bit of training in electronics. Repair training mostly with not allot in the troubleshooting side. I dabbled in other things but It would be another 15 years before I got another job in the electronics field again. It is what in what I knew very well Electronic repair/Rework. This is something I did for 3 years and then they decided they need me elsewhere so I became an avionics Certification tech. This means I running a computer controlled tower for doing testing, which I've done for over a decade. I'm wanting to get back into electronics by relearning the thing I've forgotten over the decades an learn things in electronics I was never taught. Then maybe apply that to where I work and become an electronic tech and learn to troubleshoot.

Comment

Unlocking my account, hoping to get pointed in the right direction on fixing my dead monitor.

Comment

Hello to everybody on this forum. Well, just a bit about myself. My life started by working on cars at my Dads garage. I was the 13 year old who had to install turn signals and 4 way flashers on farm trucks in the early 50's. I started fixing a few car radios by replacing tubes (Sencore 630 I think) and vibrators. Heck, when a vibrator would not work, I'd remove the guts from the can and clean/adjust the contacts to get it going again. Now age 17 or so, got my acceptance letter to an area electronics tech school but my draft notice took priority. Into the US Navy I went. I wanted to strike for AT (No "A" school) but an opening in the aircraft battery locker came about. OK, I'll strike for AE which I did. Four years USN working on A-6 Intruders on the USS Constellation, CVA-64. Liked it a lot so went to aircraft mechanic's school to get my A&P certificate. Graduated 8 out of 89 so I was happy. Started work at the local airport and was paid under the table. H'mm, I cannot raise a family like this. Off to the local toilet paper factory. Since I was in the Navy, I was sent to the Boilerhouse. Show me the boilers! Worked 2 years as an operator when an opening in the E&I dept came up. I applied and got the job. Electrical and Instrument work came naturally for me. Started working on pneumatic control systems. A few years later, O-Boy, our first electronic controller came in. How are we ever going to fix that stuff. A year or 2 later, we had our first failure. Of course, the controller ran a water/chemical mixing loop critical to the waste operations. I surprised a few folks when I said let me run home to get a 741 op amp I had in my home drawer. Installed the chip and back in operation we went. Progress came about throughout the years so I ended up installing, configuring and making the new Honeywell DCS system work. Our evaporator motor was a bear to start up properly (2800 HP) so most operators were afraid to start it. I worked with an experience operator to devise an automated start-up program for the evaporator system. I had EE's amazed at what I did. Worked there 27 years, then retired. I still repair a few radios and simple electronic devices part time. I'm also a HAM radio operator, N3JNX being my call sign. Sorry to ramble on but who knows how much time we all have left. Somebody has to know about me. Thank you all very much. Joe...

Comment

Hey guys, i just regged. I'm not an electronics repair man - I work with computers tho. I'm hoping to fix a semidead monitor. A couple of them actually.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi, my name is Michael.

I'm 28, and i'm a mechanic. I've used to be a ladder programmer/PLC/Automation. I have basics knowledge of electronics in general. I'm mostly fixing things for a hobby. I'm the kind of guy that does everything by himself, from renovation to electronics. I have a degree in industrial welding

Comment

Hey all. I'm Cameron from Puyallup, WA. Joined here as I have some troubleshooting questions and I'm hoping I can find some answers. I'll see what I can contribute on the firearms side as my electronics knowledge is pretty basic.

Comment

Hi! I am Tommy, a self teaching computer/electronics enthusiasts and hobbyist. Been in the IT field for over 15 years and recently started tinkering around with televisions and displays (WWOOAAHH). Thanks for having me!

Comment

Hello, My name is Regina. Im here looking for help on my Plasma TV. My husband has given up on it but I'm determined to fix this thing

Comment

hi my name ios kenneth im from washington just got a vizio tv that needs some repoairs trying to find an answre

Comment

well hello i'm ThePowa™ aka Nick currently living in chartlotte nc i'm an aircraft mechanic for one of the major airlines and like to hobby around with my pc mostly found this place due to a dead monitor to see if i could ressurrect just figured i'd get this outtta the way

Comment

Greetings everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                          X