Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Toshiba Satellite - Locks up when plugged in

sorry master to my previous post.

I've just open my toshiba m200 laptop and under the CPU is the NEC/TOKIN 0E128 (1200UF). Just wanna ask what type of capacitor could I subtitute? how many capacitors? and the rating of each capacitor.. thanks in advance.

Comment

this technique worked for me thanks
      Silence Like Dreams

Comment

I have nec tokin Oe128 replaced with 4x 330e75 tantalum cap (i believe it a 330uf 2.5V cap). It works perfectly without fail after one yrs but I think it has cause my build-in multi card not to work any more from the beginning. Then I replace it with the orignal nec tokin 0e128. It still works but 2 month till now it starts to show sign of failing. It happen few days ago 3 times cut off suddenly. Now I plan to put back the 4 x 330e75 cap. Don't waste time on the 0e128 cap as it is not durable. I believe it has a 5000hrs life span on a ideal condition from the datasheet. Take a look at the pic. I use only a normal soldering gun. I just break the 0e128 with a test pen and small long nose pliers carefully. Clean up the contacts. Then carefully solder. Hope this helps U guys out there.
        Attached Files

Comment

thanks to this forum i finally fixed my toshiba l300. for raplacement caps here is one of my reference.

Comment

Originally posted by benmah View Post
            I have nec tokin Oe128 replaced with 4x 330e75 tantalum cap (i believe it a 330uf 2.5V cap). It works perfectly without fail after one yrs but I think it has cause my build-in multi card not to work any more from the beginning. Then I replace it with the orignal nec tokin 0e128. It still works but 2 month till now it starts to show sign of failing. It happen few days ago 3 times cut off suddenly. Now I plan to put back the 4 x 330e75 cap. Don't waste time on the 0e128 cap as it is not durable. I believe it has a 5000hrs life span on a ideal condition from the datasheet. Take a look at the pic. I use only a normal soldering gun. I just break the 0e128 with a test pen and small long nose pliers carefully. Clean up the contacts. Then carefully solder. Hope this helps U guys out there.
            Hi benmah; I'm trying to take out that 0e128 supercap, but it's very hard. How do you take out that??? I have the 330uf caps ready.

Thanks

Comment

thanks for the information bro. All i want to do now is to remove the supercap and find a tantalum capacitor.

Comment

So will it work with caps higher than 2.5 eg 6v.

Comment

E ai irmao, ablacon64?

Where can I find these caps (the four replacement you used) in Brasil? Can you send me an address or phone where I can buy/order those? Valeu...

Comment

I just made my satellite work with 4x 330 4v caps and a 60w soldering iron lol.
                    Thanks for all the help

Comment

I fixed one toshiba satelite using 4x 330e71 it working fine now. One more to go.

Comment

Hello everybody, nice forum!
                        Has anybody tested NEC/Tokin OE128 in circuit?
                        What readings did you get?
                        I tested it and got C = 1770uF ESR = 0.00 ohm
                        I am confused.
                        Is it faulty or not?
                        (A200 Restarts and will not boot successfully when connected to AC, on battery it works ok)

Comment

Originally posted by ablacon64 View Post
                          I had the opportunity to solve another one with that same problem, this time I took some pictures. Hope it helps.

The notebook is a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872.

The first image shows the capacitor removed, board cleaned.
                          The second, new solder added to the pads.
                          And finally, the finished job.
                          Can i use higher voltage tantalum capacitors for the above solution? (like 10 v) ?

Comment

Originally posted by wmbuddhi View Post
                            Can i use higher voltage tantalum capacitors for the above solution? (like 10 v) ?
                            No problem.

Comment

I had a Tosiba with the same fault, I removed the nec/tokin oe128, fitted 4x330 e51's removed from a scrap board and it's working fine.
                              Thanks.

Comment

Hi sir/s, is there any other replacement value for 330uf with 2.5v? can I use a higher value instead? TIA

Comment

Hi redwood,
                                  Sorry I was not following the thread. If it's not too late. As I have said I just use a test pen or screw driver and pry it off the motherboard carefully and clean the contact with the solder iron(prefer a higher wattage solder iron). It sound crude but you have no way of removing it with a standard solder iron. This is my only way.

Comment

Originally posted by zmec View Post
                                    Hello everybody, nice forum!
                                    Has anybody tested NEC/Tokin OE128 in circuit?
                                    What readings did you get?
                                    I tested it and got C = 1770uF ESR = 0.00 ohm
                                    I am confused.
                                    Is it faulty or not?
                                    (A200 Restarts and will not boot successfully when connected to AC, on battery it works ok)
                                    Don't waste your time on this useless and not durable capacitor. Your problem is definetely the 0e128 stupid cap. After replacing it only lasted 3 month and back comes the same thing. Just replace it with the 330e71 tantalum cap 4 pcs.

Comment

Originally posted by manuel76 View Post
                                      Hi sir/s, is there any other replacement value for 330uf with 2.5v? can I use a higher value instead? TIA
                                      The 0E128 is 1200uF. So 330uF x 4 =1320uF. I would not risk going any higher value. You can use a higher voltage cap though but not too high..Keep the value within range of +-1200uF

Comment

Make it a little higher, never a little lower.

Comment

Originally posted by ablacon64 View Post
                                          I had the opportunity to solve another one with that same problem, this time I took some pictures. Hope it helps.

The notebook is a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6872.

The first image shows the capacitor removed, board cleaned.
                                          The second, new solder added to the pads.
                                          And finally, the finished job.
                                          Was this having nec/tokin OE128 OR 907 previously? Is it ok to solder 4x 330u s for a board having a OE907 originally because its capacitance is 900u right?
                                          please help

Comment

Working...
                                          X